poison ivy

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 70s, May 27, 2009.

1. yeah so ive been doing a shit load of work with my plants lately and i got some poison ivy. im pretty alergic so this shit is all bubbled and stuff. its nasty:cool:. and today when i went to move my girls to their plot i walked through some poison ivy and some leaves brushed above my left eye:eek:. i didnt realize it was poison ivy till afterwards. now im scratching my eyelid. i really hope i dont break out. ive had it on my eyes when i was younger and damn does it suck. im sure all this will be worth it in the end though:hello::bongin:

anyone els catch anything while tending their plants?:rolleyes:

2. I try to stay clear of it. I had it really bad a couple of months ago though... if you know you come in contact with it, wash off with alcohol ASAP!!! It helps!

3. yellow soap! umm... I think the yellow dial. it helps prevent poison ivy if you wash with it before you brake out. I think it still helps if you already have it too. Not positive about that though.

4. thanks for the tips. im just treating it with some benadryl itch relief shit. just so i dont itch it and it should just scab up and go away. its just so anoying and gross.

5. Yea I know. last year I got really bad poison ivy 2 times. it sucks hard!

6. use dawn dish soap it washes off the oils, or tecknu posion ivy scrub, if you cut your self on the plant then its in your blood stream and your going to get it every where.

7. [​IMG]

This is the stuff for poison ivy. I am highly responsive to poison ivy and have not had any outbreaks since using this. If you use this within a few hours the sooner the better your problems are behind you. Bummer about your eye worst case you gotta get some antibiotics from your doc. Gloves are a must, just remember to take them off when touching or scratching of pissing.

I have had my fair share of ticks, and probably a few pints of blood sucked from misquito bites, but never anything serious. I know I am not allergic to Deet that's for sure.

8. Poison ivy? Don´t get that here.

9. Luckily, I'm not allergic to poison ivy, I have walked through paths of poison ivy and got nothing, I'm a beast.

And before anyone tries to rain on my parade, yes, people can not be allergic to poison ivy.

10. #10 70s, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
    oh man i am highly alergic. i just havent had any since i was a kid. well i just woke up and my right eye is sealed shut. this fuckin blows man. my eye lid is swollen and puffed so bad. i guess im going to have to try a better antibiotic.

11. That sucks. A couple years ago I was doing some yard work where I thought there wasn't any of it. Ended up getting it all over my body including my junk. Ever since then I always make sure to wash my hands before going to the bathroom. I literally couldn't move for the two weeks I had it. Worst experience ever. Hope you feel better soon.

TT

12. thanks man. but yeah that would suck big time gettin it on your dick and shit. idk if i could handle that. the eye is bad enough:mad:

13. Yeah I got it in my eye too that time. Crotch was way worse haha. Can you even see out of it?

14. yeah if i try and open it i can see a bit, but its just really swollen so when i do open it, its a really heavy feeling that is very anoying

15. It might be worth the trip to the doctor to get a shot of steroids. I'm highly allergic also and when I get it bad or in a bad spot I go so the doc and he has the nurse shoot me up with prednisone or some other steroid. The itching stops in hours and the swelling is nearly gone the next day.

16. Damn, I would go to the doctor if it gets worse.

17. ok so it turns out that i am very allergic to poison ivy and after waking up this morning my eye is now completely sealed shut, and the ivy is all on the right side of my face. this is the fucking worst. im going to the doctor today so hopefully he will give me some pills or something and it will be gone in a few days.

18. Im pretty sure im immune to poison ivy, because every sence i waqs a litttle kid iv alway goin throu the woods and the like. poison ivy is all around my plot and i have to walk thru all the time but it dosent seem to effect me any more

19. well my ivy is clearing up after going to the doctor, getting a shot in the ass, going back the next day, and prescribed those pretisone pills. after a few days on the roids i am now able to open my eye.

20. i get poisen oak all the time i have it right now. my dog is my helper she goes out and she gets ticks on her so i get ticks from her every once and awhile. but this is my 3rd time this season getting poisen oak from taking care of all me girls