Poison ivy!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Bukley, Jun 8, 2007.

1. I went to my planed grow spot and I saw something that I think is poison ivy..
    Now idk if this is bad but could having poison ivy around my plants be a problem, i dont want to be smoking poison weed!

what des poison ivy look like just in case, pix not description please.

2. I don't really know what poison ivy would do to a plant, but I doubt it would infect the buds or anything like that. Just don't let it touch your skin (obviously).

Attached Files:

3. do you mean poison oak?

4. That pic doesnt look like the poison ivy here......LOL thats more like poison sumac or poison oak.

5. That's what came up when i searched it in google images. Either way it's reconized for it's 3 small bladed leaves.

6. As Posion Ivy can become airborn due to heavy winds, weed wackers, and burning ect and after reading these facts I would not chance growing near it myself!

"Only 1 nanogram (billionth of a gram) needed to cause rash "
    Average is 100 nanograms for most people
    1/4 ounce of urushiol is all that is needed to cause a rash in every person on earth
    500 people could itch from the amount covering the head of a pin
    Specimens of urushiol several centuries old have found to cause dermatitis in sensitive people.
    1 to 5 years is normal for urushiol oil to stay active on any surface including dead ""plants

7. Get your self some gardening gloves and yank the fuckers out, and put it in
    a garabage bag or somthin.Or maybe find a new spot.If not...then you have
    to take one for the team(being the plants).Fuck poison ivy

8. ya dude i just noticed a VERY big problem w/ that
    my plants were growing along poison oak>at the time i didnt no what it wasso i was just like w/e now that the poison shit is getting bigger and actually rubbing up against my plant i recieved a real bad case of it. i have it on my arms, all over my legs, and some how got it on my sack.... dude stay away from that shit it fucking sucks and now im REAL affraid that it could interfer w/ my growin. i fucking hate that shit w/ a passion:mad: o ya does any1 no if my plants r good or if im fucked...lol if they arnt good to smoke ill just give the buds to people i dont like thats is if they even make it to buding:devious:

9. Uh oh....ROFLMAO!IT GOT ON YOUR SACK DUDE!?!?!?!I feel for ya man.
    Damn.No then, I wouldnt grow near it.Its not worth it.Getting ball rash n shit.
    I wonder if it could give your lungs a rash?:confused:

Ugh...ball rash:cry: :laughing:

10. haha, I'm immune to it :) in fact my herb is planted in a HUGE patch of posion ivy, i have not had any problems, but the roots from posion ivy could leech some of your water and nutrients i guess.

11. Inhaling the oil if its burnt can cause a severe respiratory problem, possible death, dont mess around with any poison plants and keep the plants away from them

12. I am lucky i can tramp through poison oak all day long and not get a rash. hell ive tumbeled down hillsides you couldnt see through that was all poison oak get a bunch of it allover my face. but normally no rash unless i touch myfriend and he gets a gnarley rash from barely touching it.