Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pointless threads.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by THC101, Jun 4, 2004.

1. 5 with unlimited deleted posts and threads right?

2. Maybe we need a moderation system? I've seen that work quite well on some other forums.

3. i gotta agree with u.. lots of stupid shit ...

4. I think we've got some sort of something like that here! :D

5. Yeah but a little more advanced..like you can rate every reply. This way the user can dicide whether he wants all the crap (low and negative votes) and/or just the serious stuff (many votes)..mostly there are 4-5 levels on which posts get sorted. u see where I'm going?

Though this is probably a solution just way out there.. :) Gonna be a hell of a job to change the board....would be cool though, I'm there to help :)

The rating system we got is not being used, so it has no effect...we should start using it!!

I'll try to get some links to examples (other boards) later on..

6. Thats what I'm thinking..

7. well, that doesnt seem so right for the people who post to help people out there. like in the grow section for instance.

8. A lot of people dont post pointless threads and only say relevant things. I dont see it necessarily as a problem becuase we have the different sections of the forums, if you want info goto the grow forum if you want to see someone arguing vehemently that tennis balls are better than baseballs goto general. Im ok with breazing by a half dozen threads.

And by the way a thread where the subject is smacking rmjl & highgirlies ass is very necessary. :)

9. booo, down with comcast

10. We oughtta have a FAQ. That way, if a newbie comes on and
    doesn't know how to use the search button and asks the
    same question that's been asked like a thousand
    times before, you just say, Go here, and then link to the FAQ.

11. ^^ i just realized that when i came to the board, everything was very new to me, becuase id never been in a forum before.

it took me at least 3-4 days to learn how to post a reply instead of making it a thread :p

i just learn how to make all of the smilies..after almost 2 years with the board. lol

and not everyone bothers looking around before posting a new thread (newbs)

but we could try and sticky something, so the bastids kno? (haha)

like, one sticky of it in each forum
    ?

more thoughts on this subject.....

Im pretty high, so if this doesnt make much sense, ill enlighten you

12. You complain about the ridiculous amount of pointless threads by adding another to the pile....

13. I wouldnt call this thread pointless.if you read correctly before posting you would know as i stated above, the point to this thread is to enlighten people of the annoyance thats being stirred..therefore, giving this thread a point...

thanks much :wave:

14. i think we should go 0 tolerance on mass-repeat threads. the threads like, what kind of music do you listen too, whats your favorite weed, whats your favorite piece to smoke from, all those threads weve seen a million times and now its just at the point where theyre actually very fucking annoying. just delete them as soon as you see them. people might bitch but its mostly newer people hwo are making them and personnally id rather see them leaving cuz theyre pissed off you deleted their 5 stupid ass threads than see heads with like 500, 1000, 2000 posts leave because its the same old shit all the time.

15. There are a lot of the mass-repeat threads cluttering up the forums...can't think of a palpable solution other than what you said...delete the new ones, bump the old ones, so we don't have a need for more mass-repeats...
    I can't think of any other solutions for this, without being pointless. :p

16. well, that would be a start.

the , wats your fav way of smoking threads, and here a pic of my peice..

if its a pic of ur peice, its goes into " show me a picture of your peice thread" thread

they should all have one thread, u kno?

17. if there was a 0-tolerance policy for pointless threads, where would we be?

i think it would get pretty boring in the city because there would be hardly any threads to browse (and to bitch at people for making the same threads over and over.)

18. bitching to people isnt my idea of fun...

it just gets irritating.Coming to the forums everyday to see the same topics, time and time again...gets really annoying

but the 0 tolerance would work, along with a sticky alerting people about the policy.just put them into the right threads..and delete the pointless ones

19. I think there are things we could get on the boards what would help our problem.

wonder over to www.overgrow.com/edge for a few mintues and look at some of the cool shit they got there. You can read the first paragraph or so before you have to load the whole page, so you can see if that whole thread is just I'm baked 4 life and something and just go on to the next one, almost no time wasted

also, for the first 10 posts or so there, before it lets you post a thread, it takes you to a page that is just a link to the FAQ's and the search button, thats a great idea.

I'm not sure if these things are even possible with the VB forums or not, but it would be really nice.

20. ^^^Hell yea, those are great ideas... I think they all could work here. I wonder how much work it would be to adopt them, probably a pain in the ass, but who knows?

Whatever, the city still has alot of cool stuff, its just really hard to find through all the repetitive bull shit posts...
    I dont think limiting posts is a good thing though, because alot of people post many good threads and replies a night, I would hate to see those go...