PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. vault went to my pops house, i don't know if he had to sign? i'm going to try jack for some chocolate mint og humboldt seeds. had my eye on that shit for a minute.

Chocolate Mint OG Feminised Seeds

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hmmm - maybe its because I sign up for tracking?
    Yeah seems there's a couple dudes that grew that Chocolate Mint...GTG and someone else. Heard nice taste and potent high - can't go wrong

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Agreed. G2G is growing it and about to chop. He suggested seedman. The vault has given me free seeds before, they have the stain and I'm a loyal fuck to the end. Plus after looking at the site they take visa. FTW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Friday 9.21
    Garden is pumping hard!

Kali China
    Buds smell floral, fruity, incensey, with musky undertones
    Buds are dense and I think it'll be deceptive how much it's gonna yield. Golf ball nugs all over the plant. Caterpillars love her more than any other plant I've ever grown.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze
    Has an acidic lemon smell up front now when the resin is brushed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guawi #3 smallish leaves and stems. Short internodes and greasy stems. More tops than I can count. Will be falling over and full of buds.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guawi #2
    Super vigorous and explosive in flower. Built tough, could almost do without support. I expect very large buds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The colonel is starting to lick his lips...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Queen Mother
    Super fruity smell up front when I rub it's resin. Super dark green leaves. Looks kinda wild. I love the look of the plant and it's spears of bud. It has very strong branches, and I plan on saving it's stalks for some walking sticks. Longest pistils of my plants and pushing out some good frost.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Peace in your gardens neighbors!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Wow, glad i caught up. The garden looks freaking awesome. Queen mother is so sexy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks MM you made the girls giggle playboy
    Think my plants are the same size as some I saw in your Monsters thread last year. So my dreams have been achieved! I wouldn't say they are monsters but they are large plants no doubt. If I had that Guawi #2 in a 100 Gallon I'd be scared to stick my hand in the cage...might lose something lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Dirt Hole
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For kicks I went and measured all the tall ones from soil level to height of tallest cola. To be fair the topped plants have all been pulled open so they lose some height.

Guawi #2 is untopped and the tallest at 9 foot 1.5 inches
    [​IMG]
    To my surprise, the Queen Mother and Panama x Bangi Haze are dead even at 8 foot 6. Their other colas are just a little shorter.
    Queen Mother
    [​IMG]
    P x BH
    [​IMG]
    Next year I'd like to have some in the ground so I get more vertical space, then I can grow em' even bigger. Although getting up on a ladder to check on them is a bitch...I was playing with the idea of setting up a scrog style grow next year so I can check colas at eye level but I dunno if I have the Sq ft in the garden for that, I like that I can squeeze by these plants as is.
    C99
    [​IMG]
    Checked her today and found a dead bee in the top cola (right side) and when I pulled it out look what I saw:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Damn, i guess those cati's will eat just about anything huh

• Like Like x 2
  9. I saw a research paper about Lacewing larvae controlling those bud worms on flowering plants like gardenias. Some of the plants had trichomes similar to Cannabis. They recalled in one instance, a couple of the larvae were chasing a cattie, and got stuck in the trichomes....the cattie turned around and ate them both.
    I'm convinced on sticky bud surfaces these guys rule.

• Like Like x 2
  10. #170 PoiBoy79, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Sunday 9.30 First Blood!
    Kali China was harvested this morning

Yesterday afternoon pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This morning
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They are some hard dense nugs...I'll try to not hold it against the plant lol..
    Oh wow she was fragrant this morning. Fruit and flowers filled the air....with just a touch of funkiness, I say that'll do!
    Dry room is the best I've had it yet by a fat margin. The portable AC is set for 60, the are fans moving the air just right, it's spooky dark...feels like a cellar in there
    [​IMG]
    Chee hoo! Hope your harvests are as sweet my bruddahs and sistahs!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Must be a bitch trimming them down once dry ..?

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
  12. Looks awesome man. Dry trim all the way!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sweet drying rack by the way

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wow good job.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Howzit vostok - welcome to the hole

Yeah dry trimming... it's a bitch. But, I prefer the results. I usually don't have a.c. and have never had humidity control, so it's always about preserving terps and lengthening the dry time in my environment, and dry trimming has worked better in those departments for me no doubt.
    Irie vibes!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Thanks brother!
    You know it MM hell yeah dry trim

• Like Like x 1
  17. Danks brah!

18. Holy shit! The C99 aged two weeks in two days, how did I miss that?...I shoulda harvested her with the Kali China. It'll have to wait until Tuesday morning....frick I gotta hang more lines!

19. Did ya have a cold spell? Sometimes environmental factors can speed up maturation quickly

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yeah it's gotten cooler this week about 10 degrees, that and I let her get thirsty...she looks rough lol. Blow me down

• Like Like x 1