PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Girls really liked the feed, I can see a difference from yesterday. Here is the garden this morning.
    [​IMG]
    This is Guawi #2 that I gave to my brother to raise.
    The plant is growing naturally with no training. It is branchy, I love it's structure. And the smells are starting to come out - I rubbed it's stem this morning and it had the same nutmeg smell as Guawi #1.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  2. Friday 8.3

Today I watered the girls for the second time with plain water. I've been feeding the girls a lot and just started seeing some tips beginning to burn so I backed off.

Kali China is in full flower stretch mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Queen Mother aka Sticks - I'm gonna need a ladder...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C99 - No matter what I've done her leaves stay curled like Dr Seuss fingers. She has me running around trying to fix her. I've treated for heat stress and deficiencies. Tried different watering schedules, no improvement on the leaves. She might be nute sensitive....iunno, maybe this is one I don't figure out. Her flowers are developing nicely and she seems healthy otherwise. Just gimme nice buds and I'll be happy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Panama x Bangi Haze - you can smell this one walking through the garden. She has that lil' bit of skunky underneath the nicer up front smells - reminds me of the Panama last year in that way.

[​IMG]

Guawi #1 - I'm spreading her out more and more. Branchy as all get out. Smells so good! The Guawis will be last to flower. They're still vegging away
    [​IMG]
    Hope your gardens are charging hard friends!

• Like Like x 5
  3. I love the look of that guawi 1. Such a classic sativa look on them leaves. Sexy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks MM Guawi #1 is my girl. I picked her for those skinny leaves, and because she smelled the best. Pests hate her and she loves everything I give her. Such an easy plant to care for. Guawi# 2 is just as hassle free.
    Wish I had some indoor area to keep a mother.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Dirt Hole today
    Feeding time - Guano, TM-7, fulvic, langbeinite, yucca.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Garden looks awesome dude. Plants look healthy and I really like that fencing in the backyard. You have a little fortress. Plus the best part.. no grass to mow.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks brother!
    Haha - I still wish I had something green on the ground. I was thinking of throwing some clover and grass seed out there just for some ground cover, you know, something that doesn't get tall - we'll see.

Yeah that fencing looks pretty tight - the neighbor is a contractor and tokes too. He, his MIL, and wife want some of the weed when it's all done.
    They're fucking cool Armenians - he went to high school with the dudes from System of a Down.

(Everybody going to the party have a real good time!) I've always liked that song

• Like Like x 3
  8. That's awesome, small world. I always liked that band. It's always good etiquette to hand out some samples to neighborsfir sure. I got a aunt that dated one of the farner bros from grand funk railroad back in the day. In fact I just drove past farner drive where their house in high school backed up to my grandparents house. Ah the 70's haha

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yeah if your neighbors are cool with you - that's a good for security right there.
    Haha Grand Funk Railroad - love the 70's...
    My parent's music!

10. Goddamn friends it's hot in the hole.
    I learned something new today about the weather I wanted to share.

Before I was only looking at Temperature and RH %.
    Now I learned to look at Dew Point Temperature.
    So the weather station I follow shows 95F/45%RH - doesn't sound too bad huh?
    But the Dew Point of 71F means that if we cooled the air to 71F we would have 100% RH.....which means we have as much water in the air as a climate with 71F/100%RH, just way hotter. It's been like this for weeks! WTF is happening Cali?

11. So its actually pretty humid. You going to have mold troubles out that way?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I don't know - I had mold probs last year with the really dense colas on my two Indica doms.....but to be fair one was a clone that revegged and had 1/16 inch internodes lol. Lost the whole 1 oz of buds and 1oz of stems and leaves lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. So i walked in the garden shop todayto get some more BT and the guy turned to me and said "powdery mildew right?" Assuming i was there buying something for that. Apparently every grower around me is getting destroyed by powdery mildew. I have not saw a single thing. This year I used a product twice called Plant Doctor from organocide. Its technically not organic but its harmless. I usually see some every year but this seems to have done the trick, im impressed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'll have to look that product up, sounds good.
    Do you ever use PM treatment in flower?
    I have Green Cure on deck, but I never have PM probs, it's more as a preventative.

15. Oh yea for sure. I always use green cure. It did nothing for prevention for me the last two years. I still have some this year. Seems when you got the pm, all green cure does is wash it off for 5-7 days and it reappears again since its a systemic infection. I have to try and use everything. Ive used powdered sulphor as well in the past up to week 3 of flower. I think another thing that might have made a difference is the amount of silica i have been using. Its in the form of diatomaceous earth but its still silica. I have been throwing bags of that stuff like its going out of style all grow. Not just the plants but the ground too. Im sure it gets washed off the plants and into the root zone as well. Come to think of it, could excess silica cause unual stretching?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. #116 PoiBoy79, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Haven't used DE but it seems useful and cheap. I might try using some for pests next year like you do - dusting the leaves. I have a bit more leafhoppers this year, guess it's their turn.... they're a bitch to kill with foliars unless it's some knock-down stuff, they're so mobile and fast. Some deterrent like DE might be a better approach. The "flick um with a finger" trick ain't cutting it haha
    Hmmm never heard silica and stretching in the same sentence before.

17. Kali China flowering
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    C-99 flowering
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The other plants are stacking hard and I expect porcupine tops on the Queen Mother any day. She and PxBH are nitro-hos. Ordered more fish hydrolysate, that seems to work the fastest.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wednesday 8.15

Queen Mother just started forming flowers - so now I have three plants in full flower.
    C-99 is laying down the resin quick - so is the KC. The other plants are stretching out fast.

C-99
    [​IMG]
    Garden shot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Peace from the hole!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Look at that those resin glands on that plant this early! Thats going to be some awesome bud.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Oh Yeah!

• Like Like x 1