PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. I’ve got the time lol, but thanks man.

I have an IG, but in a non legal state, so I keep it low key on there lol.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Here's some of my Ace Kali China (Yunnan Indica × Kali Mist - more sativa f3/f4 expression) from last season. Dense nugs and can stink up a room.
    It's like smelling perfumed mango hazy spice, with a little funk....everybody loves it, and the taste is nearly the same as the smoke. The high can be a bit edgy at first, and my wife swears it makes her angry, but it does develop into a more relaxing smoke. [​IMG] 20190531_154820.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  3. Really pretty man! Looks like some fire!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Damnn. I need to run that zam x kali china. I keep wanting to buy more beans haha. Purp satellite, red sapphire, a5 haze, panama x tikal are the next ones for me lol. Still haven't run all of the last order.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I hear you sacredsoil - I keep buying beans all the time, each year I feel like I'm making the hardest decisions ever just picking the 6 I'm gonna grow. That Red Sapphire and Zam × Kali China sounded too damn good. KC is magic - anything with it has to be good

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. #226 PoiBoy79, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Saturday 6.1.19
    Happy 1st of June farmers!

As planned, I have the first contenders brought to the final location - The Dirt Hole!
    I still have some smaller plants I started of each strain back at my place, which I'll bring up (if they cut the mustard) when they get bigger.
    So far I have 1 of each Zamaldelica, Bubba Hash, Honduras × Panama, Lilly, and 2 Killer A5 Hazes.
    The Lilly has a few leaf mutations, but she is growing out of them fairly vigorously now.
    20190601_151634.jpg 20190601_151659.jpg
    I trimmed off the 1st nodes and cotyledons. Not planning on topping these girls this year. I might do some lst/supercropping to manage the height.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Out of curiosity, why no topping? I've noticed that many sativa growers seem to prefer not to top, but it seems like some genetics just don't sidebranch. It is pretty sweet to see them do their thing though.

Btw, I took your recommendation and checked out the Ace section on ICmag -that place is a treasure trove! I can't believe that Dubi has been on there for 13 years, coaching people through growing his genetics and sharing his enthusiasm! Very cool to learn about the history of some of their genetics, like their Zamal. I've been geeking out over that forum for a while, and my wife won't stop rolling her eyes. I've got an order in for Bangi Haze and Malawi x PCK from a Spanish seedbank. More to follow from The Vault, once their next sale drops...

• Like Like x 3
  8. Topping is all good. The reason I'm not doing it this year is because I started late and I don't want to slow the plants down at all. Getting to see the natural growth is always helpful. Dubi mentioned the Bubba Hash doesn't react well to topping, and it takes awhile to recover. Having Dubi and other experienced landrace growers as a resource is one of the reasons I kick it there. I get lost there too, and your wife's eye rolling is par for the course in my household Haha
    I appreciate the information Ace gives about their strains. I don't know of another breeder that is as transparent. They provide you with anything you want to know, its addicting goddamn. Oh and that Malawi × PCK has my eyes peeled!
    While you're hanging at IC check out Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Curing if you haven't already.... very entertaining read.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Couldn't agree more on their transparency! And once I pop the beans -may be a few cycles, I wanted to pick them up before they ran out- I'll post a few pictures.

Yeah, I've read that thread! I actually found it through reading your threads on that style of curing last fall lol. I'm very interested in giving that a try. Are you still cob curing?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hey bacon
    Thanks for reminding me, I need to jump back on my thread. Since I only grow once a year, all my threads move slow.
    All my cobs are finished, and they are fooking delicious. I plan on cobbing some of each harvest from now on, no doubt. My jar-cured Guawi#3 isn't very aromatic until you break it up, its always had these nutmeg smelling stems, kinda strange/awesome. For some reason when I vape it, all this taste comes out, it is super flavorful. But my cobbed Guawi#3 is different, the terps come flying out of the bag when I open it, and it is the cobb that I sweated for a shorter period and the herb was a bit drier going in. I love that one. I guess I prefer the cobbs with a lighter touch.
    20190604_085639.jpg 20190604_085750.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Nice. I snagged some guawis and zamal fems too lmao. I CAN'T STOP

Speaking of malawi x pck, here's a couple pics of my malawi x pck keeper. She's really tastey. Going to have to run her again soon.
    20180921_062940.jpg
    20180505_200936.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. There's no kicking a seed habit bruddah! You picked some good ones - the Guawi for sure, and the zam because everybody says so
    Delicious looking buds wow- I was trying to get those M×PCK seeds but they've been out of stock forever. It sucks

• Like Like x 2
  13. Check out Hipersemillas. I think mine just made it into the country last night. I wish I could get my hands on some Guawi

• Like Like x 2
  14. My seeds ordered on Hipersemillas arrived today! Thought I'd follow-up in case you were interested in ordering from them, @PoiBoy79.

I purchased five BH fem and three MxPCK fem, and they arrived with an additional six freebies, all fem and two per strain: GG#4, White Rino, and Strawberry-AKeil (which, despite the name, is apparently AK-47 x Bubble Gum).

I still would've preferred Ace's freebies on their site, but I'd order from Hipersemillas again.

• Like Like x 2
  15. @baconman1945 - looks like Ace has Guawi back in stock, thank the stars they'll be more to go around. Speaking of hard to find seeds, I must have some if the last Lilly seeds in existence lol.
    Goddamn farmers, the temps jumped up to 100f today. Little plastic pots and small plants don't mix! I'm still selecting from the plants - heat resistance is a factor fer shur! Will update with pics in a few. Hope all of your gardens are chuggin' friends - shakas

• Like Like x 4
  16. Would love to grow BH and M×PCK, jealous! Nice amount of freebies too

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. #237 michganman, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    I got a lilly growing!! It doesnt look so hot, but its alive in its cup.

Edit: yo poi, are you running out of lilly seeds? Heres my plan, i just put that lilly in the ground in my side garden, ill hit it with colloidal silver and get a bunch more fem seeds. I got the silver already. Poor plant, she'll bounce back in no time but Im embarrassed for her. 20190612_174851.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Nice MM! I hope you treat her right, It would be cool to compare notes about this strain. I've read a lot of references to how good the strain is but there's no real grow reports in English.
    Both the Lillys I popped were the last to germinate, grew slow, and had mutations at the beginning, but now they have caught up and are looking to outgrow some of the others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Whoa, I am running low I only have a few left! You gonna self her? That's cool shit I gotta screw around with at some point...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yea ill do it. I can do the kali china too if you want.

• Like Like x 1