poetry?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by xACExkittieking, Mar 2, 2009.

1. so i joined the poetry club in school. problem is i have hardly ever written any peotry ever. how does one begin transferring their emotions into a poem? im an artist and a musician, but im pretty lost on this subject, unless if you concider lyrics to be peotic.

2. Lyrics are totally and 100% poetry. In my opinion, poetry is expression in any written way. Don't be afraid that your poetry is going to "suck" because poetry can't. There is no wrong answer with poetry. Watch slam poets, they are all over youtube. Anything from classic poetry to E. E. Cummings to William Carlos William's poem "The Red Wheelbarrow" is poetry.

What I have come to realize is that poetry will effect different people in different ways. Some people may not care at all about a piece of work, and others may find such importance and connection with the same piece.

I suggest writing, saying, doing whatever you feel and if it makes sense to you, thats all that matters. You may really inspire someone with something, that's why you should always write something down in case it the exact answer someone else is looking for.. ya know?

My favorite band, HUM never released their lyrics because the lead singer Matt Talbott said "If you have a different interpretation that's near and dear to your heart, for godsakes keep it."

You should check out their lyrics page from people's interpretations of what they think the words are.. their songs are amazing

http://www.h-u-m.net/lyrics/dih.shtml

*Kelly*