PNW Growers the weather is great out?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Pnwshippin, Mar 18, 2015.

1. I looked at the extended forecast and I dont see any nights where it will go below 32 degrees(freezing) When are you putting your plants out? I'm thinking the sooner the better!!!!! 

2. Mine will be going out the end of this month. I've planted some in cups and I'm germinating some more as we speak. Once we get between 40 - 60 deg consistently I'll be going outside.

3. Starting beans now, sure, but they won't go outside until the solstice. Gotta veg them a bit and wait for some actual long days.

4. I've been waiting to see this thread. :D

I can't really get any ladies outdoors this year but would love to watch yours grow up.

I'm subbed in :D

5. Your thinking is wrong.
    Sooner is not better. Put your plants out now and they will flower. Plant jun1

6. Maybe I'm missing something but why would you want to wait so long. There will be 12+ hrs of daylight far sooner than June 1st.

This little daylight calculator online shows there will be about 14 hrs of light on just a month. Why would you have to wait a whole other month to plant?

Attached Files:

7. #7 Sgtstadanko707, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    outdoor growing is far different then indoor. The 12/12 doesnt really work like that. if you put any Indica out then it will go into flower. Amy sativa and it would be a gamble.
    Plants really need about 14 hrs of light to really make sure they don't flower.
    I have made that mistake the first few years I grew
    At first I planted April 1 And most of my plants flowered and reveg. No good. You loose a lot of growth while plant tries to figure out what to do. I am in nothern ca so I know out day lengths are simalar.
    4/20 use to be my planting day. But I would still get plants flowering early.
    Most will say mothers day is a good time but after 10 years of growing June 1 will give you no early flowering.

Planting to early is a rookie move. I would really advise against it. But hey what do I know. I can't grow 10lb plants. Hehe

8. I was wondering what the actual minimum number of daylight hours is to support vegetative growth.  It's 14?  Good info.

9. You only have to wait if you're planting clones or mature vegg'd plants.. I think it's important that that is made clear. You don't have to wait freaking 2 months to take plants outside unless they've been veggin under 18+ hrs already. I can put a small seedling outside and by the time it is even mature enough to start flowering in a month or so it'll be MAY.. so no worries for me.. but I grow very different from everyone else.

If I could veg my plants indoor for months before going outside, then I would just grow indoor anyway.. lls. I can't so I start mine from seed on the patio or in the windowsill if it's too cold. I just bring them inside when it is cold.

10. You also have to factor in area they are on the westcoast while over around Tennessee, Kentucky, etc.. The days are already 13 hours long and its not even April.

11. This is probably where I was getting confused. I didn't realize that he was talking about cloned/vegged plants. I was thinking of either popping seeds or small transplants

12. #12 Sgtstadanko707, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    My seeds start in February. If i put them
    Out they will flower now. I did put them out so I can sex them. Same with small clones. They will flower.
    If you plant seeds now you will be fine.
    I put clones out 2 weeks ago to start flowering and they did. Now I will cover them at 7 pm every night to keep them
    Flowering. Will be harvesting nice early smoke at the begging of June.
    Wait didn't I say i planted the first week of June for my summer crop. Funny
    How all that works out.

13. I'm on the dry side of the state where they say the earliest frost safe time is Mother's Day.  I just planted a seed a few days ago and will veg it indoors until late April then start hardening it for transplant outdoors in early May.  It's my first outdoor effort and it's a indica dom plant so I'm crossing my fingers for the best.  The rest are indoor and should be ready for harvest by June/July.

14. Has any one had any luck in the past doing guerilla grows in an urban environment up here? If so, what kind of location did you use? How did you find it?

15. #15 Sgtstadanko707, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Solid plan there.

It's already 90 here and I wouldn't plant till Mother's Day.

16. Nice Avatar, what happened couldn't find your own.

17. Unnecessary

.:. Metzler Innovation .:.

18. I have some plants that I started from seed that I have been growing indoors with just light coming from the window. No artificial light at all and some are starting to flower a bit. I want to put the plants outside and I have tried, but anything more than a few hours really burns the leaves. WHY??? I am in the PNW as well and I would have thought that the plants would like the sun but it seems they prefer the window light. Does anyone know anything about moving plants from indoors to outdoors, or any anticipation on what kind of yield I will get with the way things are going right now???

Some of the plants are tall and leggy with white hairs coming up too.

19. Your plants are burning because the window glass blocks the UV, so your plants aren't conditioned for UV. The glass is also blocking energy the plants can use and limiting how many hours of sun they get. I would start with a couple hours a day, maybe under a layer of reemay. Aim to have them fully acclimated for outdoor by September, because that is when the real budding starts.