Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pneumonia effect on lungs

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by gamoray, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Hey, To begin with I was diagnosed with pneumonia last December 2016. Whenever I smoked before that horrid month it was great. Ever since that December every time i tried to smoke up it would not go well. Usually ended with me wheezing and getting a persistent cough. After multiple breaks i switched to vaping. It originally felt fine but after a while the wheezing came back along with a wet or dry cough. As this October rolled around I came down with pneumonia once more and i stopped vaping to make sure I don't make my pneumonia worse. After waiting around a month and making sure I was fine, I went back to vaping but wheezing came back and it was persistent. Went to the doctors today and was told my lungs get irritated easily and i should give up marijuana. My question to this forum is if I can ever get back my lungs to normal or will i have to give up smoking/vaping.
    Thanks for the listen, Gamoray.

2. dont smoke just move over to edibles for a while see how that goes.
    What cause nuemonia?

3. I can do edibles for a bit but im moving back in with my parents soon so thats a problem. Got pnuemonia when i smoked out of a really dirty bong i believe. I could be wrong.

4. How did the doc react when you told him you smoke pot?

Being old and having smoked tobacco for 30 years (quit in 1999) I don't smoke pot much anymore, but do consume edibles as the poster above suggested. My lungs are okay normally, but smoking a J messes them up for a day or so.

• Like Like x 1
  5. When the lungs are irritated and inflamed they release liquids and when these accumulate, making that part of the lung unable to absorb and expel gasses, it's called pneumonia. These wet areas can be breeding grounds for bacteria resulting in bacterial pneumonia but it's still pneumonia even if it doesn't get infected.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. yea man get some quality medicen, make butter with the buds and then you can put it in everything man scrabled eggs whatever. alotta good guide to for other things making oil and stuff if u dont want butter.
    also thc syrup is around these days depens where u are tho, then u can jus drink it.

7. man pneumonia fucks with your lungs big time and things like smoking will only make it worse. smoking and vaping likely is not going to be a good option for you for a very long time. speak with your doctor and ask if there is anything you can do to help improve your lungs. edibles are your best bet for now, if those won't work it's probably best to give up on cannabis.

8. Tbh he just assumed i did. He just said with a straight face that i should either quit vaping or stay on inhalers long term. I may in the end have to cut back until i can get edibles. Thanks for the replies everyone!

9. Good luck, and keep us updated.

FWIW: I know a 63 year-old waitress who just had pneumonia for like the third time in two years (non-smoker). She doesn't take it seriously and only goes to the doc at the last moment. She's playing with fire, IMO. It isn't anything to mess with, and can drag down and kill elderly people who are weak to begin with. It's what did in my 86 year-old father who was otherwise healthy, but was old and feeble by that age.

Hey Old Ed, howalya???

10. Definitely. Going to try to get healthy and give it ago once i feel comfortable again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm doing good, young Fizzly. I love seeing you around from time to time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bless up, hopefully you will over come this sickness god willing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LOL @ "young."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1