PM- powdery mildew - PLEASE HELP- THANKS!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by pre98, May 15, 2012.

1. Hey all,

I have a powdery mildew issue that is not controlled and under two weeks from harvey arriving.

This is what the pictures would show...

the pm has gone from fan leaves all the way up to the edge of bud, it is pretty bad.

6 out of 8 plants are under control but my two bubbas, it had to be the bubbas, are very unhappy.

do i keep cutting all contaminated parts till it is totally lollipopped with only buds left or will the pm just go straight into buds?
    (I thought pm did not go inside, am I right?)

Do I h202 wash after cut down?

How unsafe is PM when it gets right to edge of nug if not washed?

Any other suggestions?

thanks!

2. Of all the problems you get with growing MJ, nothing is worse than powdery mildew, you not mentioned how and where you grow, a pic would be nice?..

You gotta sort out the cause, how is the bug getting in?
    It's in the air and soil, its the size of a mushroom seed(tiny)

Once in what keeps it alive?
    Hot humid conditions are ideal. work on your ventilation

Why are your plants so open to this disease/ bacterium/mould ?
    Pedigree strains are more suspectable, but not by much

Now that you have correctly identified PM, and I'm sorry to say you may have to restart the grow again, PM will come back, and you have got to be on your guard, and cut it out and spray the wound with a 5% solution of water and household bleach.

I get powdery mildew once every 5 years, and for me it's the humidity levels in the growroom that do it, current research suggests spray with 20% milk in water, does the trick, but I'm no vinter, and prefer bleach.

BE RUTHLESS WITH THIS BUG, TAKE NO SHIT, CUT 'EM DOWN AND STERILIZE THE PLACE AND GEAR WITH BLEACH.

sorry and good luck

"V"