PM & Mold Q and A please help!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by soundscience4.0, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hey grasscity need your insight once again. Here goes with this age long problem HAHA!!
    SORRY FOR SO MANY WORDS , JUST NEED SOME ADVICE!!

Here are some specs 5'X5'X6'9" grow tent, 600 watt bulb, vortex 6" exhausting the hot air through a vortex filter, light reflector , then st8 outside to the outdoors. I have between 11-12 (3) gallon pots. 1 oscialting fan in one corner, and another oscialting fan right across the room in other corner(both 3ft or a lil taller). also 2 regualar round floor sittting fans that are just blowing the lower parts of the plants one on each side, these dont oscilate. Night with lights on temp is 75 with hunmidity 30%. during the day lights off temps get to 84 with same humidity( days have been a lil warm latley)

Here is my problem, I have never had a PM or mold problem and had my tent basically in the middle of my living room (fully converted garage) before had only spider mite or heat issues. Got the right equipment and fixed those issues. no problems. recently I moved the tent to the back corner of my living room and purchased portalbe A/C. This is where all the prolems started with the PM and mold. CURRENTLY NOT USING PORTABLE A/C

I didnt have the temps tweeked right so i ended up with 72-73 degrees but with almost 75% humidity, when I would water or started to flush humdity would just rise higher. I fixed the a/c humidity problem, put in 2 oscialting fans instead of one, cleaned and cleaned the room with a bleach mixture for my next set of girls. Still have the same problem. Now I am in week 5 of flower and am staring to see the PM or mold creep back.

After all this i dont know what to do. I do know that the girls maybe too close to the side walls of the tent. I have heard not to crowd or have the girls in the corners or close to the walls of the tent.
    But one of my oscialting fans has a huge base almost 2.5ft in diameter so thats casuing me too push my girls in the corner more. I figured with all the air in circualting in the tent it should be ok.

I am think of replacing the 2 floor fans with oscialating fans so the air in the bottom of the canopy can have circulating air than just 2 square fans blowing. Also I thing I am going give the tent another cleaning inside and out.

I know this is long but I am to my witts end with the PM mold. 3 harvests now and all battling with pm mold. I never have had this problem so I know its something that can be fixed.
    My last assumption was to cover the carpet area in front of my tent with cheap rolled Linoleum flooring. Maybe from all the in and out and moving of the girls to disinfect them. They say pm spores can live in the carpet and I may keep tracking that shit in and out of my tent. Thats an easy fix but I am running out of answers. please let me know guys any help suggestins woulod be great. THANKS AGAIN PEACE

2. That's odd, my window a/c removes humidity from my growroom. How is your portable unit set up, does it drain off?

I had mold problems too, but I realized that was because my vent fan wasn't running at night and my humidity was going up to 75%. All I had to do was increase circulation in the lower branches and set my vent fan to turn on at lights out and the mold stopped.

If you can't get your humidity down, I don't know how you can stop it short of setting up a clean room with a disinfecting airlock. Have you tried a dehumidifier?

3. Yea ended up getting the humidity under control months ago which caused the inital outbreak. But since then i have still had the pm problem, even with gettting the humidity fixed right. I have a bit of a clutter because I have these bulky oscialating fans that take up some good floor space. That I am currently fixing for sure. I also have cleaned and cleaned but i could have missed some spots. Thanks for checking