PM, caterpillars, bud rot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MidwestMover, Dec 18, 2018.

1. I put plants outdoors to flower beginning of December. I'm just trying to avoid these three things because they seem to be the biggest issues of growing outdoors. The plants are covered but can also open one side to allow air in. I've sprayed cpt. Jacks dead bug( spinosad) and safer bt. I can see caterpilllar tracks I believe that's why I've sprayed. I didn't want to be indiscriminately spraying. I'm just wondering if this is the start of pm or bud rot. I know about the caterpillars, so I will continue with the bt and maybe switch every week to the cpt jacks. Should I get the green cure just to be safe. IMG_2192.JPG IMG_2193.JPG IMG_2194.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shot bro looking good. Bag seed grow man?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes they're all bag seeds. Two are pregnant because I wasn't sure if one was male. They showed early on 18/6. The other two just showed so I'm pretty confident they're good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anyone see anything? Or should I just be taking preventive measures against the pm just in case?

5. Na man looks swt. Chuk it on last incase but looks swt

6. Could make the flower funky if you did

7. Green cure will make the flower taste funky? Or the bt or cpt jacks?

8. Shit i just seen it bro

9. G'day,
    I've found a few little Green & Orange one's, just look through the plant and pick them of. Dont squash'em but relocated them out to your garden.
    If you're going to spray, use something mild & eco-friendly (not being a hippie).
    You should be able to keep them in check manually, and really avoid spraying anything in flower.
    This would be a last resort, and only if it was an Infestation.

10. For BudRot,
    just keep the plant's out of the rain.
    Good luck...

• Like Like x 1

11. i've looked up and under the plant several times a day and I haven't identified any yet. Do you see green and orange ones in the pic or are you talking about the tops of the cola there? Would you suggest something else than what I'm currently using for them? From what I've read on here I thought what i was using can be sprayed thru flower, unlike the neem oil they say to cut out after a couple weeks into flower, is this wrong. Just looking for feedback.

12. They're out of the rain in a makeshift greenhouse. I'm more worried about the humidity in the area for prolonged periods, usually very dry here.

13. No, I've had Orange & Green one's.
    You're plant's look fine & dandy...

• Like Like x 1
  14. I don't see anything really wrong. Outdoor will always get some leaves that get chewwed on. If buds turn brown and mushy. Then u have either rot or caties. If it is just here and there I'd open the bud near that spot and look for caties. Just keep dry and keep trucking man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks for the positive feedback. I have been searching diligently everyday. First time grower so I'm always checking and opening up buds a little. maybe that's why I see all sorts of problems that may be unwarranted.

16. "Anyone see anything??
    They look fine to me.

Or should I just be taking preventive measures against the pm just in case?
    Preventive measures are always easier than a cure. I would do a weekly BT and green cure up to harvest. It won't affect the taste as OP stated.

An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun Brass does a weekly BT Green cure check it out.

17. I run a bug zapper close by and it tells me how bad the moth infestation is at the moment.
    If the zapper is clean I don't spray BT.
    [​IMG]
    I chop the grills out so I can brush the bugs out each morning.

BNW

• Like Like x 4