????????????? Plz Help Me Thx

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WeeD BreeD #1, Apr 12, 2004.

1. hey every1 since u can not clone lowryder u have to have seeds 4 it so i have a ? and it is can u just take the seeds from the male and plant them or r they gonna b male can u help me on this

Id real;y appreciate it thx

2. Honey, go back to Sex Ed. 101 and review the rolls of the sexes in reproduction. After 34 posts haven't you been to the FAQs and Stickies yet? Kind folk donated time and effort to give you all the basic info you need, not to mention the indisposable SEARCH function. They are there for YOU and all newbies, to relieve the forums from just such posts as yours. Go for it! No one can truely help you until you help yourself. If you have invested in good seeds and good equipment, protect it with good info, and sincere learning.
    eg says,"Don't be an alaric!"

3. Too be honest man i dont know how much would be listed on that search for low ryder. lets see.....

4. as suspected by yours truly there was no info on a grass city search for low ryder and the question you want answered....
    I think low ryder is feminized meaning your not suppose to get males but then again how would they keep making seeds to sell without males? so i guess i cant answer your question. but hey if you got some low ryder and you grew it, and you got some males that had seeds i guess you could plant those, i know you cant clone it though. If its feminized and you grew all female well then back to the ordering page for you as all your precious seeds are now gone.....

lastly it would seem the city, majority of us, are not fond of lowryder. for not being able to clone small yield and some other odd facts.....
    later dude

5. Na man lowryder isn't feminized.

And if this guy hadn't read the guides yet, I would have choked him out by now. I've given him links to sids guide, to overgrows guide, and even to several threads about lowryder. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the dude has checked them out. And I don't recall seeing his question answered really at any of thoose places, so don't flame on him.

Alright bro, check it out. Males are what creates the seeds yes. But it takes a female too. Males produce pollen which gets on females and makes the females produce the seeds. To my knowledge males don't produce any seeds. If they did than mj could reproduce A-sexually and there wouldn't be any need for females. Which is an interesting thought b/c I can't think of any other plant out there that has a clear male and female gender. I'm fairly sure most plants are a-sexual. Now that's some technical shiz that you don't really need to know, the only reason I said it was to back my thought at males don't produce seeds ------> males don't produce seeds by themselves that is.

Hey buddy I've got a good idea for you. Are you growing indoors or out doors? Lemme know before I go on this rant. If it's indoors I want to share some information with you.

6. "I think low ryder is feminized meaning your not suppose to get males but then again how would they keep making seeds to sell without males?"

Ok lowryder *isn't* feminized BUT the way they pruduce feminizied seeds is with females. They stress them out into being hermies. The idea is that since no male hormone is present that no male seeds will be produced, and they're right. All feminized seeds will be females or hermies or females with a far greater chance of going hermie at the end. If you want to make your own feminized seeds, during the 12 hours of darkness during the flowering cycle (after they have shown sex of course) blast em with light for one hour in the middle of the darkness. Do it enough and that'll give you hermines for sure.

7. Alright weedy I'll go ahead and tell you my plan because I think you can benefit from it.

I found this totally awesome old metal box sitting like by the trash cans in front of somebody's house. (So like they're were throwing it away, not I was stealing it). I slammed on the brakes and some how fit the mofo in the trunk of my car. This things going to make an awesome grow box, and plus it looks like some back to the future type computer shit, it's awesome.

Anyways the reason I got this box is to produce my own seeds. Some seeds cost 300 plus for 15, and some seeds that I want (nyc disel) are pretty up there in price. I can't afford not to make more seeds. Hell lowryder is expensive and you can't even clone it, you'll definately need seeds.

Here's my general plan.

The box is going to have 2 pots in it (or perhaps some sort of cool top feeding hydro system). The two pots are for one male and one female, as in I can make seeds in my box without having to worry about pollinating my whole crop.

****But how am I so sure that I'll have a male and a female?****

Easy I'll take cutting from my big grow. When the males show up. I'll cut clones and label them so I can keep them straight. I'll do the same thing with a female. And assuming that atleast one male and one female cutting survive. I'll start them out in the box knowing their sex already.

****But otto you said "box" I'm assuming you don't have much height to work with****

Right right, but you can flower a plant at 3" inches if you want. I don't know how many seeds a tiny plant would produce, but atleast I could get some.

/
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /

With lowryder a seed box like mine would do you well. Especially since lowryder is so short anyways it'd work out well. Um-kay

8. ya know i wasnt rippin on him earth girl was. I didnt know hes had ample time and been provided links. allthough i did not know low ryder could produce males to pollinate. It sounds funkier by the moment.

But why then are so many growers agaisnt it. How much time do you cut out by budding clones as opposed to growing from dry seed. i would take a guess at 3 weeks tops, and thats really not that much.

say i put a clone into the ground (a clipping) its roots got to catch and then it probrally has to veg a few weeks. so id say 1 week for roots to get healthy and 3 for the veg and you can bud at that point for say 49 days. Thats like 3 months as opposed to low ryder in as little as 6 weeks or 2 1/2 months.
    so whats the beef with it. Id like to grow it

9. wont work on a plant that doesnt flower from the light cycle.
    you would need to use hormones.

10. cloning is a way of.....
    A, keeping a prize female, we all get outstanding plants now and then. clone it and your whole garden is outstanding and not a mix of males, runts, so so plants and one good one.

B, ensureing every plant in the garden is female, no need to wory about a stray male ruining your sensi or having to cut a male out of your nft, also you know how many plants your gonna flower, from ten seeds you might get ten fems or none, so what do you do if you want 4 fems?

C, getting rid of the need to buy seed, sometimes at £100 a shot.

D, saveing a lot of time, a smooth running clone based garden can harvest every 8 weeks.

11. read up about f1 hybrids, hybrid vigour and breeding.

im not knocking your plan but the seeds you buy as nycd for example do not come from a nycd mom and a nycd dad, there a hybrid of 2 stable strains (p1) giving a 3rd plant with the personalty of nycd.

if you just cross nycd(f1) with nycd(f1) you get nycd(f2) which will be unstable as a pheno and also will have lost most of its hybrid vigour.

if you want seeds find out what the p1 parent plants are, grow them and cross them to get the hybrid you want.
    eg northen lights cross haze is a nl dad and a haze mom
    but not just any p1 plant will do if you want the best, a good breeder will grow many plants and pick the best mom and dad from them, thats a chalange in its self as just becuse a plant is good its not allways a good plant for breeding depending on dormant geins. when a good p1 is found its cloned and used in many crosses, thats why some breeders charge more for seeds than others, they have the good p1 plants.

not all seeds are created equal....

12. i just wanna say thtx alot and thx man 4 stickin up 4 i new id make a frend wen im askin all these ?s peace out guys

13. If that's what I was doing, I appologize. I called no names, nor made dirogatory remarks, used no harsh invectives, made no slanderous inuendos. No smoke or heat.
    I did checked weedy's posting history, and it didn't seem to me he had taken the hints seriously. I do concur the City's seach base is strangely lacking in some fields. But this is not the only source of MJ grow data. Growkind is good, as is Cann.com, and The Kings Klozet. All I ever do is suggest the best way to grow happy plants and protect your investments.
    It sounds like some of you could use a bit more schooling, as well. How can anyone not be sure that only females produce seeds, fruit, eggs, or young of any kind? A true Hermaphrodite has monoecious(Latin for 'onehouse') flowers which contain both male and female parts. If it can fertilize itself, it is known as 'self-compatable'. 'Self-INcompatabilty', or obligate out-crossing, is when the flower has both male and female parts (monoecious) but can only be fertilized by a different variety. Most of the stonefruit trees and nut trees are this way. Pot and other plants, such as coyotebush, which have the pistle and stamen on separate plants, are known a dioecious, meaning two houses.
    "Feminized" in my understanding are seeds from an all female crop which produced a few male flowers in a desperate bid to reproduce. These seeds are said to have a high percentage of females, and low occurance of hermyism. Seeds from a plant which was light stressed into hermyism usually have a strong tilt in that direction already. The best way to get confirmed genetics and sex is by cloning. Cloning is an ASEXUAL method of reproduction. IOW, there is no sexual activity involved in making another plant. Otherwise, every time pollen fertilizes an ovum, it is sex in a very basic form. The bee seems to be having the most fun!
    There is a worthwhile difference between growing from seed, and starting a crop with clones. You can save a few weeks of germination, sprout developement, and seedling maturation time. Plus, not have to worry about sexing. Plus taking less time to flower after going to 12s. Plus already knowing what this plant likes in the way of pH, RH, and ferts, etc.

I hope you all enjoyed this little lesson in Plant Sexuality 101. I know I did!
    earth girl says, "If you thought that was flaming, you ain't seen flame." {8^D lol lol lol

P.S. WeeD BreeD #1,
    If yu are suffering from a brain malfunction, or physical disability, and really need help just to use the tools available, I stand(sit) ready to be of assistance. This is the way I improve my own knowledge and skills, and strengthen my cognative weaknesses.
    Pax, amigo, eg

14. Johnny my man I wouldn't flame on you. I wasn't accusing you of flaming. Hell I don't think earth earl was even really flaming. I was just trying to protect him from anybody that might and let them know that I'd been working with him a little bit...... You're cool as hell johnny, I don't think you'd flame on him.

Thug man, you're god. Lots of good points there. I didn't even think about lr autoflowering and I should have. All that f1 f2 stuff really confuses me and I'd like to learn more about breeding mj. (I don't know much now, obviously). Would it be alright if I sent you a private message man? If not that's cool, I know we have to keep securitity tight, but I'd really like to ask you a couple questions if you have the time.

Speaking of which Weed Breed, if you need something man, just leave me a private message. I'm on the computer all the time and I *might* be able to give you a little help.

Edit* My advice weed breed and the other newbies like myself. Use what you need, any negativitity you run into just ingore. In my opinion it's not the spirit of mj to be negative...... You'll learn and hopefully be a kick ass grower and then return the favor to aspiring growers when they come. That's what it should be all about.

15. well im back very intresting earth girl i enjoyed that info.

People just seem a little curt sometimes, i think you were curt. My theory is be nice and very informative to the first time grower. My plan is to help 10 people grow. 10 new growers. the more growers we have the better chance we have at winning.....

i take it flaming means rippin on somebody? i did a search and couldnt come up with nothin.

its all good in the city, ive learned more in 1 month here then i did in all of high school. sh#t i even learned how to wire a simple fluro fixture...

oh yeah all this talk about clones.. i took about 5 clippings last night and wetted the paper towels and put them betwween there how long before i got buds lol lol lol lol

im not rippin either

16. I call it straightforeward, but some peeps don't care for full frontal honesty. I wouldn't be here if helping the overgrow wasn't my prime objective. It's an obligation I owe to those who helped me so generously when I first started. But they did me the enormous favor of pointing me in the right direction, and helping me comprehend when I got confused about a concept or precept. Since they didn't spoon feed me, I gained knowledge as well as experience. (Experience is what you get when you don't get what you expected.) I want future generations of The Overgrow to remember me well if not kindly. Good growers, and responsible civic rebels will further our cause. Weeding out the lazy and insincere (and underaged) is a process of natural selection.
    Once there was a young fellow whom I shall call Alaric. He was a cocky chap seemingly with time to spend and money to burn. So he jumped into growing without the safety net(doing requisit homework). Sadly, when he crashed and burned it was the resident guru who took the brunt of young Alaric's fury. That poor boy poisoned an entire forum, driving many newbies away, vindictively trolling anyone who attracted his disfavor.

eg:spin: hopes she will always be civil to all, helpful to those who seek knowledge, kind to the disenfranchised, and generous to the needy.

17. im sry earthgurl but i have been doin my home werk n i just want to make certain that i understand everything b4 i jump into it bc i cant waste all my $ and not have nething to show 4 it

thx every1 i hope theres no heat between me n u guyz