plz help i dont really understant teas

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TechnicianGrower, Feb 9, 2014.

1. what is the point of acts? i dont understand them? i know theyre not used as nutes so whats the point of adding guano and all these fertilizers n shit if the real use is to energize the microherd in the organic compost you added to your soil mix! please explain it to me throughly!

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. In a nutshell, with compost tea or worm tea you are brewing up a large number of microbes to do the work in the soil. Think of it as brewing your own labor pool.

Although that does sounds a bit creepy...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Take a look at the thread in my signature.  I just added some info about my brewer.  Hopefully there will be some good discussion about it.

FWIW.... I don't believe I've ever seen anyone recommend guano in an AACT.  Mostly because there aren't microbes in fossilized bat guano lol.

I think you are confusing AACTs with Botanical Teas.  AACTs inoculate your soil with a vigorous microherd..... a boost of beneficial bacteria, fungi, and protozoa.  Botanicals provide nutrients which those microbes can make available to your plant.

www.microbeorganics.com  That site thoroughly explains AACTs.

• Like Like x 2
    I can understand OP's confusion.  You ever take a trip through the "Post Your Organic Tea Recipe!" thread?  Lots of misinformation spread through misunderstanding in there...

• Like Like x 5