PLZ HELP flowering light schedule..need to change it

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HippieGardner, Apr 8, 2010.

1. im going to make this simple. i want to say thanks in advance and as always +rep to anyone who helps.

iday 35 of flowering and m running a 1000 watt hps from 12pm to 12am, and need to change that to 6pm to 6am to battle the high temps.

Question: can i just bypass the original on time tomorrow at 12pm and just turn it ON at 6pm and then OFF at 6am...like nothing ever happened?

I really appreciate the help.

2. If it had to be done thats what I would do man. Never had to do it so take that with a grain a salt.:)

3. There are two different trains of thought here:

1. Change it a half hour to an hour per day and slowly creep it over to the schedule you want

2. Get it all over with in one change like you are saying

To me it seems like #1 is probably slightly less stressful on the plant, but what do I know? :D

If your seeds are feminized they might be slightly more prone to going hermie, so I would be especially careful if they are.

4. I think you will be alright. I have a friend that just did a grow using a comforter to lightproof his grow box. He did this every day manually. He likes to drink and toke so needless to say he missed his cue on a number of occasions being an hour or so too late e to cover plants. I didn't think you could fuck around with the light schedule that much, but he had a successful grow. Nearly every night he was off by 15 min on the switch. I was very surprised his lack of detail and attention didn't more negatively effect his grow.

It was a CFL grow running around 180 watts in DWC. He had 2 Plants and he got close to 3 Oz's dried weight.