PLumbers tape over bowl is it safe only way to make it secure plz help need to know if this is safe!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Clarmonkgaming, May 14, 2016.

1. Look at the pictures please this is the only way I can make it secure because I do not have a downstem right now

I think it is fine bcz no smoke will touch it?

2. Yeah, it's fine. It's not going to heat up or anything and the smoke doesn't go near it.

3. THank you so much!!!!

4. You should look up Teflon flu...and remember...this is talking about fumes inhaled from within a room containing heated Teflon, not directly inhaling it out of a bong where the concentrations would be much, much higher...

TL/DR...bad idea...

5. so should I just hit it not air tight?

6. Personally, I'd just use something else until you can get the proper piece to make it work as it should...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Okay I took part of the broken downstem half of the part where the bowl goes in and am using that as a shim to keep the bowl decently flush so that should be fine only glass no tape or anything?

8. Should be okay...glass is relatively inert at things other than super high temperatures...best to avoid tapes or things that can off gas unknown chemicals...:)

9. Yeah thanks for your help!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would at least make sure it's airtight though, idk if he answered your question.