Plexiglass divider

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sarhou, Feb 17, 2006.

1. I went to home depot and bought some of their flame resistant plexiglass, but strangely it was also the thinnest. To mount the thing i've had to screw boards onto the side to keep it from bending. Still haven't even fixed this all the way...was it wise of me to buy this type? Would normal, thick, strong plexiglass do? It is also UV resistant, is that bad?

Thanks...

2. oh and also, how much hotter will my sodium bulb get than my MH? I've been testing all my temps with MH, but it's the same ballast and reflector.

3. You want as much UV as possible. you will definatly have bigger yields, the more UV you have. If I was you I would try some thicker, non UV resistant plexi. Anytime you divide a lightsource, you will have decreased UV, but not totally blocked, like your plexi.

4. i thought the effectiveness of the light was based on lumens? are these the same as UV?

5. Lumens I dont think have anything to do with UV, but you want to have your light the closest to the actual sun as you can. The little UV your light emmitts is being reflected by the plexi. I dont believe you need UV to grow, but it will definatly increase your yield when you harvest. Thats why its a lot better to grow your plant outside than in, because you have the beneficial UV A and B ect to help your plant. Esentially what your doing is creating a sun inside for your plants.

6. ok cool...if i have an ozone generator, how would this affect this considering UV from the sun is filtered by the ozone? i already spent $40 on this plexi, so if it'll work, it'll have to. you absolutely positive about this uv thing? i'd imagine it's easier to burn things with higher uv rays also, which may mean i need to keep this since im still trying to control my temps.

7. If you spent $40 you should just stick with that and find a way to rig it up. I mean i have glass over my 250w and and it reflects alot of UV out, so you should be OK. I thought you spebt like 10 bucks or something. As far as you ozone generator goes yoou should be all right. Are you using it for oder?? You do know the by product is oxygen right?

8. i haven't bought my ozone generator yet, cause i don't have the money, and i have to do some research on them to make sure which one to get exactly. i want one that is mostly for my garden, but i'd like it to be effective for my whole apt for health purposes. esp if im gonna buy one, i'd like to just spend a little extra and get a nice one. OG recomended one for 1000 sq ft, but it had some info about how strong it should be and all that. i'd like to just stick it in my room and hope the room exhaust (a passive vent with a stanley blower fan) would take away enough, but i really don't know. unless anyone can answer my question now, i'll probably make a full post on it when i feel like getting a definitive answer.