Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

please tell me im not the only person?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by showmeyateeth, Dec 6, 2010.

1. last night after smoking with two of my friends i was in the back seat, i didn't feel like listening to them talking or the music they were playing so i just listened to my ipod LOL. i felt kinda rude, but i really didn't want to hear their voices haha. does anyone else ever zone out from the people they're hanging out with?

2. Yeah sometimes. You shouldn't feel bad, though. You were just doing what you felt like doing.

3. Not to offend you OP but I'd say it's a little antisocial.
    I have a friend who does it all the time...all the time...and it's fucking annoying.
    I think the general idea is "If you're bored by me/us or have that little interest in anything but getting stoned, then take your weed and go get stoned alone".
    It's not like you need their body heat is it...personally if you felt that way I'd jet otherwise for one reason or another people are going to assume you're a dick.

4. Um... All the time. If I'm with people I don't really know or like, I do this all the time. I almost want to put both headphones in, but that's really douchy imo :laughing: With my friends, we all have our ipods in, all the time. Who says you have to talk with your friends to have a good time? You don't have to talk every second of being high. We usually only talk if we have great idea's or some funny shit happened to us. We usually just chill out and jam to some tunes, driving around.

5. true, true. if these people weren't my bestfriends, i don't think i would have done it. i usually enjoy their company, i guess sometimes i would rather focus on my own thoughts rather than someone elses

6. I slightly disagree. Like I said earlier, you don't have to talk all the time. Sometimes I just run out of things to talk about, zone out and listen to some tunes. Sometimes thinking is just a pain, especially when smoking some indica's(for me at least). I like to just relax and drift...drift...drift...

7. there are defenitly times where i have nothing to contribute to a conversation literally. if i dont have something i really want to say, im not the one whos just going to fill up silence with meaningless blabber.

8. I'd like to smoke with you :smoke:

9. I agree that this is somewhat annoying, dont get me wrong I sit and zone out to my headphones all the time, but by myself. It also depends on whos weed your smokin, if its yours then its more tolerable, if your smoking someone elses and pop headphones in cause you dont want to hear them talk thats pretty douchy in my opinion.

10. Definately this, I have one friend who used to do it all the time and it would piss me off, because it wasnt like there was awkward silence, he would just pop in BOTH headphones and be completely out of the conversation. Fuck you I didnt just smoke you up so you could be in your own little world.
    Ever since my group of friends started cussing him out whenever he did it, he has stopped doing it. Mission accomplished. :smoke:

11. I've never been with someone who has stuck BOTH in... Me and my friends put one in and one out. So we can talk if needed, but we mostly just chill out.

12. i mean i quess it doesnt matter
    but it sounds like to me your chilling with the wrong people...
    why would you want to isolate yourself while your chilling? sounds pretty lamee to me

13. Yeah, i like to just quietly sit there and contemplate my thoughts... so it gets annoying when everyone talks

14. I completely agree with this. If you want alone time then just go home and chill. It's annoying when I hang out with people and they're listening to headphones or constantly texting. I think putting in headphones (one or two) is rude but that's my own personal opinion. I won't flip a bitch if my friends do it, but I never do.

15. Thats not antisocial, and nothing is wrong with it. MJ gives us a strong connection and feel for music. If you were'nt feeling the music they had on, and wasnt much in the mood for talking, what you did was perfectly fine. Your enjoying MJ your way