Please Recommend Strain

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by MiMedthumb, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Hello, I have been doing a ton of research on strains trying to find the one that will fit my needs best. However, i am overwhelmed by all the choices, and have noticed several sites say contradictory statements regarding the same strains. There for I ask for the opinions of some experienced growers.

MY Criteria

indoor grow
    heavy Yielder
    flowering time 45-55 days
    purple buds
    resistant to mites and molds
    good potency

Can anyone give me a few strains I can check out that match my criteria?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Oh so basically you want the perfect plant.

When you find it, let everyone else in the world know about it.

3. 45-55 days of flower = low yielder . no two ways about it.. most high yielding strains start @ 9 weeks flower

I suggest you order a pack ( any 10 pack will do ) and learn to grow that strain till you have it mastered. After that, every strain will yield and be potent . Super Skunk or NL will give you great results, and are awesome learnign strain. Both yield and both get you fuckign high ..not exactly big sellers, but we dont help marketeers here @ GC..

learn to play with temps to make purple buds on most plants, so that is no longer an issue.

resistance to mites is only for short periods of time.. Mites will get in .. just a matter of time. the longer you grow a homogenous crop, the higher your infection rates get.

and mold indoors shouldn't be an issue unless you are not ventilating correctly.

Wharf

4. In all seriousness.

I would recommend TGA Plushberry or
    Sannie's Killing Fields.

Both have colored phenos. Both can be solid yielders. Both can be potent. Both can have unreal tastes and smells. Both have a wide variety of phenos.

What combination of those traits you might get is a roll of the dice.

Plushberry CAN have a decently short flowering time, but most likely 8weeks-9 weeks.
    Killing Fields is a 9-12 week strain.

5. #5 Norcali, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    Id throw c99 in the mix for a recommendation. Potent, decent yeild, good resistances (nothings immune), good flavor to boot, and anywhere in the 55-60 day range. Colors are w.e in my book, but look @ grapegod from next generation as well. Some of the same qualifications as you requested.

Your results are going to be impacted by skill & environment more than genetics though. As its been said, learn to grow well, the rest will come. Genetics are a corner stone though.

6. Ice,Blue Mystic,AK48.

7. What do you mean by "w.e. in my book?" Sounds like you have grown c99 Norcali - if so, where did you get it from (seeds from seedbank, cutting) and inside or outdoors? Thx.

8. #8 Norcali, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    Color is whatever, is what i ment buy that. Thats my opinion though.

Cindy can be found in cuts im sure. Seeds are easy to find, femaleseeds.nl, mosca and others carry them. You can find plenty of examples of grows here at the city, search c99 or cinderella 99. I's a popular girl to grow, might put her outside this season.

9. Thanks Norcali. Yeah, I considered ordering some seeds of c99, but decided to go with some other strains. I was just curious to read how c99 grew for you - I'm an outdoor grower and I was wondering how this strain performs outside. It appears that most GC growers have this girl inside. Sorry Mimed for going off tanget with your thread. Good recommendations and strains from fellow blades.

10. I have grown female seeds C99 hybrid and it is fantastic. I am really anxious to try their regular C99 but I have too much already planned for the next several batches.

11. I plan on C99 for my next grow & if the consenses of opinion is the breeder Femalseeds.nl
    I'll go with them.
    Or whoever produces the best pheno of this.
    Cheers,
    bruce

12. #12 MrWeeds, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    [quote name='"1badbruce"']I plan on C99 for my next grow & if the consenses of opinion is the breeder Femalseeds.nl
    I'll go with them.
    Or whoever produces the best pheno of this.
    Cheers,
    bruce[/quote]

I went with the same strain a few cycles back. They took a few days to germinate, (100% germ, 20 seeds) but were easy-ish to grow, and I got great results..... Outside circumstances (dogs, and a break in) caused me to lose the genetics though.
    I did have variation, one pheno stretched like a hella vine, while the other pheno's stayed nice and short-ish, that is, if you call just under 5ft, short, lol.

You will do well to order some-o-these.

13. Only strain I could bother recommending you in my very short experience is white widow, I had a real pleasure growing it but I found it was quite susceptible to powdery mildew outdoors.

It's not purple but it's damn good. Purple is nice but you usually have to get lucky on phenos for most strains that are susceptible/have it in their genes, but keeping low temperatures can definitely prompt a purple coloration on a few strains. Color is kind of overrated really, but I would really like to grow a colorful strain when the opportunity presents itself.

You should have no problem dealing with mites and rot as long as your indoor setup is properly ventilated as wharfrat mentioned and you are generally a very clean person. E.g. wash hands, keep your grow room clean at all times, wear fresh clothes and even go far as using gloves during plant handling can be key to ensuring a mold-free, disease ridden environment.

Other factors including where you get your earth have a lot of significance. Do not bring earth from the outside in.

Good luck

RC

14. MrWeeds,
    Did you order from, 'femaleseeds.nl
    If not who then.
    Cheers & Many Thanks,:wave:
    bruce

15. Morning MrWeeds.
    Eventhough the link you provided was dead I managed to figured out what you ordered & find what I wanted to order which are both by the breeders at femaleseeds.nl
    Cheers,
    & Many Thanks,
    bruce

Sorry for the off topic post:D

16. [quote name='"1badbruce"']

Morning MrWeeds.
    Eventhough the link you provided was dead I managed to figured out what you ordered & find what I wanted to order which are both by the breeders at femaleseeds.nl
    Cheers,
    & Many Thanks,
    bruce

Sorry for the off topic post:D[/quote]
    Ummmmm
    Lol
    They are two different links. But I am glad you found what you are looking for.

Happy growing.. :)

Puff Puff Pass

17. I second the recommendation for C99. I grew her both indoors and outdoors and she was fast growing and yielded well. She was my ONLY strain out of several that wasnt effected by pests or mold. Indoors she finishes in 7 weeks. Great smoke too.

18. Thanks for the recommendations, I will be getting some c99 and grapegod and give it a go after my current grow is complete. thanks