PLEASE, lets talk PH, EC and soil humidity.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by PirateGorilla, Mar 5, 2010.

1. I been searching the forum for weeks now, stuffing my brain with all the info i could get. I got a guerrilla garden ready and now need to get my soil ready. I bough a digital PH, EC and humidity meter. There is tons of good stickies on this forum but non at all about ferts, Controlling PH and stuff like that. So i would like to get the ball rolling answer my one question and live good info behind.

I found some info on PH levels and how to balance them out, but nothing on how to apply it to the soil.. i seen videos of people spreading sulfur on top of the soil and what not so i figure it just basically gets absorbed by the soild ones i water my plants.. can anyone go into detail on balancing the Ph in the soil?

On the EC department I'm completely clue less, I'm looking for something i can dissolve in water, or anything that worked for you guys. I know that indoors you have to flush 2 weeks before flowering but not sure how the process works outdoors.

This is my first crop and feel that i'm wasting major time just by sitting in front of my pc. I"m doing everything by the book, no guetto rigging or shortcuts,

2. #2 OrganicIsBetter, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    get you some Earth Juice Natural Up and Down... if you want the soil more basic or acidic mix a batch a little over what you want and water with it until your runoff starts to correct itself... pH changing a soil is a process not a drop of this poof it's right now kinda thing haha... optimally for soil you want a pH of 6.5... so this is to say every time i water my 7.0 soil i'll pH it to 5.5 till i see 6.5 runoff... check it every water for the next few to make sure you fixed your problem...

i just have a little CFL grow box for indoor seedlings and have never thought it necessary to measure EC and humidity, as it's never been an apparent problem...

as far as nutes go, don't mess with it till at least the week after you think "hey, i should nute it now!" if you use a rich soil mix you may not need to for over a month... you can always add... never take away...

as far as what and when, depends on the nutes... most tell a solid schedule on the bottle... I use Earth Juice Grow/Bloom... I can recommend Fox Farms line as well, as I've seen journals of some monsters growth it... always start with 1/4 strength and ramp it up as you go...