please help!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newstarter, Feb 22, 2004.

1. I have got 2 plants on the go using NFT. They're in 4 inch blocks. The problem is there is no root growth at all, the tops are growing and look fine but as the roots come out the bottom they look as if they are dying. They're brown and are breaking off. I lifted the light and droped the feed the promote better root growth and are giving them root stim stuff.
    Can anyone help as they're not dead YET!

2. HIGH All, is the thin film of nutrient solution in contact with the roots.

Nutrient Film Technique, is an efficient method of growing plants by providing a slowly moving film (stream) of fertilizer solution (nutrient) to roots in a flat-bottomed, gently sloped channel (the gully).The plant is started in a small root cube in which it remains for life.

I take it you are doing everything right and still have this problem?

3. Hi, yes there was about 2 inch of healthy white root coming out the bottom of the cube, then over the last 2 weeks they have died off to brown slime??????
    The blocks were sat on the table with the solution washing past, this is the second time i've done it and somethings different?
    Is this info any good?
    if the root die can i salvage anything as-in cuttings? could i cut off the tops and re-plant them, there about 1 foot tall?
    i know its not that simple but is there a chance?