Please help with this - Is it too late to start?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by coreyheart, Jul 11, 2009.

1. #1 coreyheart, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2009
    Hey guys Ive got 3 primo seeds germinating right now. I was going to do another indoor grow but plans have changed.

So my question is, Is it too late to start from seeds outdoors. I don't care about maximum yield but I want quality buds. Honestly, I'll be happy with a 1/4 from these.

Im in the south so it should stay warm here until late September.

Thanks a lot guys!

2. Where do ya live OP?

3. You will be happy if a 1/4 does it for you.

4. i live in the Ozark mountains and yeh Ill be happy if I get anything from this harvest.

5. Yes, realistically too late for this year.

6. cantharis, my dads plant sprouted and its about 2 and half inches or so...sprouted like last monday or tuesday...and so we left it in the shade outside until now. Then we put it on our terrace and its just flopped, in this because its soo tall and it cany take the weight of the leaves or is it ecause the sun is fucking it up???

7. Is your soil mix airy enough?

8. yeh it has been fine, sprouted up last sunday and been outdoors in the shade untill this morn when we put it in the sun....:confused:

9. Might need more water if it's wilting, also tryin staking and tying it upright

10. Sounds more like it was stretching for light from the time in the shade and wasn't hardened by gradual exposure to full sun.

11. [QUOTE Honestly, I'll be happy with a 1/4 from these.
    [/QUOTE]

1/4 what? 1/4 ounce, sure. Although a lot of sativa dominant strains need longer than three weeks of veg. They may flower late and not finish before your first frost.

12. I am afraid I have no experience of plants started so late in the year. I have always started my seeds in March or April - I have usually had to supply heat. I have found my sprouts would take full sun straight away, but maybe that is not always the case in high summer here.