Please Help With First Time Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pot4life000, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Hello I am going to start my first grow in my 36" x 48" closet with a Secret Jardin DR60 II grow tent and had some questions about my setup before I order everything. My first question is if I have a really smelly strain growing in the grow tent and I use either: Amazon.com: VenTech 6 Inch Inline Hydroponics Exhaust Tube Duct Fan 440 CFM Blower and Carbon Air Filter Combo: Patio, Lawn & Garden or 4" x 12" Hydroponics Inline Duct Fan & Scrubber Carbon Air Filter Combo Kit - Amazon.com for my exhaust and only had a small oscillating fan inside the tent would this prevent the smell from escaping the small grow tent because stealth is important in my first grow. My second question is would I hook the carbon filter up to the intake side of the inline fan and hang it in the inside of my grow tent or should I use it on the outside on the exhaust side. The third question I have is if I buy a fan speed controller would I be able to put these fans down to a reasonable volume as the grow tent will be in my bedroom with the closet door open and still be able to eliminate the odor.

Overall heat wont be much of as issue because I will be using the Diamond Series 200W LED grow lights because of the great reviews with them so I dont think I will need much exhaust power.

If you have or know of a better or more quality inline fan and carbon filter please let me know because I am new and want to get the best products I can so I dont have to spend my money down the line replacing them.

2. So the bigger you go on the filter the better in your case, and also with the fan you can put them a slow as you need but make sure they still do their job. Put the filter in the outside of the exhaust because you need to blow the dirty air out of the tent, not suck in clean air through it. Good luck on the first grow!

3. Make sure your fan has the proper cfm for your filter. If the fan is too strong for the filter the air will pass through the filter too fast and won't scrub the air as well. Just a little tip for ya.

4. Thanks for the help guys, but could you help me out mme know what you think the perfect cfm would be so it doesn't blow thru too fast but also doesn't let the smells out

5. A 4in fan would do the job but just to make sure I would go with a 6in fan. It's better to over do it than under. Somewhere in the 400cfm range.

6. Alright thanks so much for your help. Do you have any suggestions on what the best 6in inline Fans and carbon filters would be cause id rather get the top of the line and prevent smell than regret it later on

7. #7 SiRbUdZaLot84, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    Can Fan are the shizznit and Can filters or Phresh filters. Something around the 400cfm range