Please help. Temps too hot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kesaber, May 8, 2015.

1. Setup:

9x5 tent, 2 x 1000w lights, 6-site RDWC, 740 CFM with carbon filter and silencer. I am also running a chiller. 

Problem:

Room can get to high 80's low 90's and I am trying to figure out the best way to cool it. I can:

1) Get an AC
    2) Get an air cooled hood or a cool tube (Don't know the difference)
    3) ?

One issue is that I am exhausting into the same room and that room is getting hot, so hooking up ducting to exhaust to the other room should help, but I am guessing not enough. What is the best way to cool my room?

2. I'd say the exhausting is definitely the main issue, since the hot air has nowhere to go but back into the tent.  Exhausting it elsewhere should definitely help, but it all depends on how far away you're ducting vs. the strength of the fan.

I exhaust into the same room, but my tent's much smaller and the temps in said room are always temperate since I can open a window, meaning it's only a few degrees warmer inside the tent(I use LEDs).  I'm no expert, though.

I'd try ducting before buying an expensive AC unit unless the plants are in really dire need of cooling.

3. #3 hemptation420, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    Cooled hoods will help major. vent them either outside to to an adjacent room not to when your tent is supposed to be pulling the cool air from.

All that happening is you cool air comes in heat up and is exhausted to be pulled back k in and heated up more. It's a horrid cycle for sure

Drift rent between a hood and tube is the hood has a reflector built in and is more box shaped used strick for horizontal bulb orientation. Cool tubes are literally just a tube. Can hang them vertical or attach a hood and go horizontal.