Please help sick plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Whiteston3r, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Thought it was a nitrogen problem. Been giving her nutrients but still getting worse 20180215_175812.jpg

2. #2 Fataqui, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    What week a flower is she in? What are you feeding her? What is she growing in? But just looking at the picture of the closest plant in your picture it doesn't seem like anything is really wrong with that girl, as a plant that is flowering at that stage of her life will feed on herself with many of her existing fan leaves. Other than that... I do see a little nutrient burn on many of her leaf tips so I would back-off a little on the nutrient level that you are feeding her now. You don't have to back-off a lot, just a touch. Also I would make your watering / feeding interval a little bit longer, as the endings of your fan leaves are "rolling downward" and that tells me that the roots at the bottom of your pot are always living in standing water. To combat that problem when growing in regular pots, when the top few inches of soil gets dry, just top water / feed your plant, so that the roots at the top of your pot get the water / nutrients they need, but at the same time you will allow the bottom of your pot that is still saturated to dry out a little more between your waterings / feedings! Here is an example... say you water / feed your plant every 4 days saturating your pot until you get 20% run-off. Instead of doing that every 4 days, increase the interval of your watering / feeding schedule to 6 days, then on third day, just give each pot 3 or 4 cups of water / feed in a circular motion, so your top roots that are drying out get the water / nutrients they need, while still allowing the lower roots to dry out a little more, so they can grow much bigger and faster.

3. They have been at 12/12 for 7 weeks. It's a homemade soil with compost and rabbit dropings. I'm feeding with a homemade solution as well I think I overdid it when trying to fix the yellowing but stopped when I saw the burn. Thanks for the help I wanted to increase the pot size but it was the first week of flowering so I didn't want to risk shocking them

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app