Please help seal my room!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by michigander, Mar 21, 2009.

1. #1 michigander, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    Ive got a basement room i will be using, but has no ceiling. Meening the walls dont meet the ceiling, because of rafters. I absolutley have to contain the stink. Should i seal it uo w/ mylar all the way around? Idunno please help. Also the room is about 8/8/12 feet. thanks

2. buy a dark room grow box. altgarden.com

3. Thanks weedtime, however your solution will cost more than $800, kinda hoping for something more economical, im pretty crafty, but not a contractor. im willing to spend about 200 to seel the room and about 350 on more lights. And thats my max budget, so maybe ill have to downgrade, but i want more than enough!
    Do you use one of these closets? They are pretty well made. Maybe ill get one for a veg room.

4. i just bought the DR80.

havent used it yet. need seeds. dont know when i will get those.

maybe you could seal it with silicone and hang mylar or something.

5. What do you mean by "crafty"? You need some sort of box to use. If you can construct things, you can make a wooden frame and staple panda film to it which will block out the light. Or possible even just make a pvc frame then wrap that with panda film. Either way you should be able to do it for a decent price and if you take your time and do it right, it will turn quite nice. good luck!
    -J

6. just build a ceilling into your room will be quick and cheap !

7. Yea i was thinking of buildinga frame type thing. What is panda film? where do i find it? Thanks zygote!

WHAT TH FUCK IS THIS!?!?!!!?

That is an allright idea but im just renting for 6 months and dont really want to leave any "trace".

8. Just build a small frame out of 2x4's. Maybe 3'x3'x4' tall. Cover the frame with plywood, seal the edges and corners inside of it with caulk, and you have a box. Costs 50 bucks for the supplies to build it. All you need is some 2x4's and some half inch plywood.

9. hell you could get real cheap and use furring strips 2x2's and some cheap ass 3/8 moisture resist drywall, seal it up with drywall mud about 30 bucks total, flat white the inside walls, boom cut two holes for intake one for exhaust into a carbon scrub , all is good in the hood.
    6 months? you would get in one grow, unless you got cuttings ready to use. maybe 2 grows if so. Nice thing is if you build it right with your "crafty" ideas it will be portable.

10. Those are good ideas, thanks FreshMeat. Youre right 6 months is not long but i have 11 plants that are a month old yesterday Ill pick moms and make clones( for inside and out) I ve also got some seeds on the way that will be planted asap. I figure definitly 3 maybe 4 harvests, but the key is to get as many clones outside as possible to maximize harvest yeilds.
    Keep the ideas coming, a solution is near. Thanks.