Please help, Nutrients: How much should I dilute?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cold Play, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Ok so heres the story.
    I use this nutrient brand called Dutch Nutrient Formula. From what I have found online plants respond really well to it. I do have one problem, for the Grow A + B the NPK ratios are: DNF Base Nutrients

Grow A: 2-0-2
    Grow B: 0-1-3

Obviously, it does not have a lot of phosphorus.
    My plants responded well but not too much to 1/4 of Grow A + B and I am thinking of increasing it too 1/2.

They have a product called "Veg Fortifier". The feeding schedule says start 1 week after 3/4 fan leaf set. It has a high ratio of: Fortifiers
    12-40-12

Obviously the veg fortifier is high but my plants are currently suffering from a phosphorus deficiency (purple under leaves and red stem).

The feeding schedule gives an odd measurement off .5 grams/15 liter. I should be watering with half a gallon (around 2 liter). Would using 1/2 strength of the veg fortifier (12-4012) be safe for my plants and not cause any nutrient burn? I need to get my plants out of the phosphorus deficiency quickly.

2. I've encountered this problem with Sensi grow A+B growing line and was trying to figure out what's up. I ended up just switching to general hydroponics 3 part formula and their line has a higher dose of NPK than dutch masters. I am not recommending switching but looking for alternative back up nutrients such as their Flora Micro as a supplement and even possibly FloraBloom for a PK boost.

Also do not fear for your plant being nutrient burned, me and my brother had given a querkle which was no more than 7"in tall (just topped) a 1600ppm nutrient blend and the plant had shown signs of discoloring but the plant had shockingly survived the ordeal and had a massive growth spurt once we flushed with water for a week. The plant is pretty strong for the most part and you shouldn't worry to much about over-nuting. If you feel you gave the plant an overdose (would probably require more than the recommended amount on the bottle) just give the plant water for a week or until your plant shows sign of increasing vegative growth and it's not discolored.

3. Ok thank you. I really appreciate your advice.
    I am watering with half a gallon so about 2 litres.
    The dose for the 12-40-12 formula is mixing .5 grams for every 15 litres of water. Dividing and using 2 litres I need to use 66mg of the veg fortifier.

4. Dnf has a lot of products i noticed that ab didnt really have a kick like plant prod or even mirical grow buuut with the line of products they have your ment to use them all together but they work wounders, the 1st daay i allplied my full nutes to all my plants i noticed a differance more vigor could CLEARLY be seen, everything looked happier and grew and is still growing amazingly( i dont recomend dnf enhance)