Please Help, Not Sure Whats Wrong

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Warik, Nov 17, 2011.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Not Sure, but my grandfather used it for growing peppers last year.
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Mid Grade Bag Seed
    How old are the plants? 5 weeks old and 2 weeks into an early flowering
    What type of lights and how many watts? 1 fluorescent and 1 regular light bulb, the light bulb is 60 watts and I have no clue as to the fluorescent.
    How far from the lights? about 2-4 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? every 3 days with tap water that has sat out for several days and every morning the leaves get misted.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Never been fed.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? I have an electric heater set to keep it at 67.
    What size pots? not sure, its in the pictures below
    Any bugs? Look real close. nope
    Any other pertinent info? I have a fan oscillating in the grow room on the lowest setting that hits the plant on its pass by. The problem is it's leaning and the leaves are not supporting themselves and are turning brown it looks like in certain areas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Never been fed? Really?

Couple concerns.
    First off is it a recycled soil, or the same type of soil from a bag that he used?

Secondly is your room totally closed? Because if thats the case your plant will need CO2. Or just try to get some new fresh air in there.

Third. She must be starving. She looks it at least. Feed her! ASAP!!!

3. #3 Warik, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    It isn't closed, I let air circulate in and out of the grow area. It is recycled soil that had been in the weather for a few months, is there something I should do to it? What would you suggest I feed her that is affordable and easy to find at lets say my local walmart? Also how long do I have to feed her before its too late? Also this is my first grow so based on the information given what would be an estimate for when the time to harvest will be if she is taken care of?

4. first i would say look at the plant.. see how it is bending towards the light.. i would say you have to get it closer to the light or you need better lighting.. and from above. and seandawg helped me with the nutrs and il help you. go your local garden store. not walmart probly cant get it there. and look for blood mean and bone meal. very cheap about 5$ a bag. this is what i did (same problem) dug down into the soil about 3 inches the very out side not near the trunk. and put a tbsp of each. mixed the soil a little bit put it back. and watered it as normal and in about a week the plant would not stop growing. this is my first grow to. and CFLs are alot better and cheap to.. a 100w cfl is about 5-7$ i work at home depot so i know. good luck. check my journal

5. The problem is I don't have a local gardening store. Walmart is really my only option.

6. I find it hard to believe that any place that has a walmart lacks any sort of horticultural/farming supply/gardening shops. I'd think walmart has both blood and bone meal anyways; grab it and use it. I mean, walmart is supposed to have everything, right? Haha
    If they don't, look for some nutrients. Really, ANYTHING works. Its all made the same way..(synthetic to synthetic, same organic to same organic, name brands dont mean squat)
    For vege pick up stuff with higher N values than the other two, P and K. Everything is labled.
    Flowering, grab something with higher P and K.

If walmart doesn't have decent organics, I'd imagine they only have granulars or miracle grow. Be careful with granulars as over ferting will basically kill your plants with them; you can't wash your soil out as easily as with liquids fertilizers. I'd just use a very little bit at a time. As a safe amount, try 0.1-0.2 grams nitrogen per 1 sq ft of exposed soil, and increase up to 0.35- 0.45 grams nitrogen per sq ft(TOTAL added, including the original .1-.2) as she starts growing. To figure out grams nitrogen within your granular, look at the N number; thats the % of N within the package as well as the ratio of N to other fertilizers. so if the whole package weights 1000 grams and you have 10/0/0 you have 100 grams of N inside. With this same package, you would add 1 gram of fertilizer to achieve 0.1 grams of N. per square foot. To find how many square feet, area of circle of pot. As she gets bigger and starts looking N hungry, add some more.
    This is just in case granulars don't have application rates; I have no idea if they do or dont

Get a new lighting; CFL as someone said. 5000k 6000k or 6500k will all work, 6000 or 6500 being much better.

7. Sadly I live in a small town in Louisiana that has literally nothing but gas stations and grocery stores. The town next to me is the same way, but it also happens to have a Walmart luckily. If I wanted to go to a gardening shop I would have to travel 2 hours to the nearest city and I can't afford to go there often. When I can go there it is usually with other people and I really don't want to have to convince someone to bring me to a gardening shop, because I don't have a reason to be there other than the fact that I'm growing Marijuana and I can't really share that with many people. I picked up some Miracle Gro for flowers and I'll let everyone know how that goes. I plan on picking up some CFL's as soon as I can afford them. I didn't want to start out buying things because I was unsure whether or not I would be successful in this venture and I have a very tight budget.

8. I paid $1.50 per bulb of a 26 watt 5000k CFL; im sure you can get something for under 10$, and your plant needs it. It won't grow well others; heck, its not WORTH growing otherwise. The nutes and electricity will cost more than your yield

9. What do you mean by 5000k? I'm looking at the light bulbs on Walmart's website and I don't see any specifications that have a k in them.

10. K if the temperature setting, pretty sure it stands for kelvins.
    You want 6500 or 6000, get 5000 as a last resort; they'll say it on the packaging @ the store on the bulbs. If they don't say it on the packaging, they'll have the bulb named something.
    Warm white is 2700k
    Bright white is 3300k
    Cool white is 4100k
    Daylight/fullspectrum is 5000k
    I don't know what 6000/6500 are called, but I'd just ask someone if you'r unsure.
    Look here man, theres a 100 watt for about 22$, and that'll last the whole life of your vege life and do a great job. They have 23 watters for 2-3$ and 27 watts for 8$ too. There are other sites too probably, this is just one I knew off the top of my head.
    For flowering you want 2700K lighting, so while your on that site try and pick up something in that spectrum too. They're 20$ too. for 40$ your set up can be SET. Maybe, if you have the money later on, you can wait on the flowering bulb and get a 150 watt 2700K bulb for $74; 12,000 lumens.

6500K - 400 Watt Equal Compact Fluorescents | 1000Bulbs.com

2700K - 400-500 Watt Equal Compact Fluorescents | 1000Bulbs.com

11. I picked up 3 26 watt 2700k CFL's and they are all shining brightly on my one plant setup with that other fluorescent light from the picture. Today is day 1 of light with the new bulbs.

12. You won't see as good growth as you would with 5000k+ (yours primarily have warm color temperatures used greater in flowering) but your plant should love the added light of 3 CFL's compared to your old set up, haha!
    Now you just need some nutes; GL on that. When you do start feeding cut w/e the package says in a third. Once food enters your system, your plant will perk up nicely.

I just saw your in flowering(didnt see that initially); I'd revert it to vege. Flowering now won't get you much, especially if thats @ 2 weeks in. But if you cant, GL! Hope your girl gets better

13. Well I kind of had to force it into flowering early because in a month I'm going to be moving to a place where it will be difficult to keep hidden. So I'm just trying to get what I can off of this plant as soon as possible. I only have about $10 invested into it other than time so anything will be good. In the future when I have more money I plan on doing it how it should be done in my eyes; seedbank, hydroponics, and everything it needs to be the best quality possible.

14. How long will it take to see improvement in my plant after adding the fertilizer?

15. Updated Pictures reflecting status of it as of today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]