Please Help! Need Info!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bigoletc, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Ok, so I'm about 6-7 weeks into the grow and getting ready to start flowering in a week or 2. I just changed the water a few days ago and every since the leaves have been folding in and turning yellow. I'm really not sure at all what this could be because I didn't add that much ferts to it to burn them. I also checked the PH of the water and it is about 6.8. If you know what could be causing this please let me know. Below are some pics.

Attached Files:

2. Bit warm in there is it? :eek:

Also, it looks like you're using hydro, in which case your pH should be more in the 5.3 - 5.8 range.

But yeah, what are you temps like?

3. Temps are about 78-79 degrees. I wouldn't think it would be the PH because it seems to be fine but all this happen just after I changed the water resevoir so I dunno. I also realized that my timer had gotten stuck on and was running at 24-0 instead of its normal 18-6. Perhaps that could have somthing to do with it?

4. Prolly not then.

Ok then. :rolleyes:

Heh. I think you do

Perhaps, but not as likely.

5. I would say your plants are locking out nearly all the micro and macro nutes as hydro needs less than 6pH to feed the plants.

Drop the pH and watch them thrive,and whats the solutions temps.?They should be less than 75F. and 68F. is best.

If your system is light proof and the solutions temps are good you dont NEED to ever change the solutions if you get a ppm meter.;)

6. HEAT STRESS HEAT STRESS!!!

Look at the leaf blades there curling up to help themselves keep cool no dout about it
    (learnt this from the master himself jorge cervantes ultimate grow dvd 1)
    he was in a grow room showing you the same problem
    lower your room temp check your nute tank temp aswel :)

7. 80F. is just fine and heat stress dont come from the solutions temps,there small hydro plants and need less than 6.8 pH to feed.

Another poster told you to lower the pH and you said it was fine,i asked you what the solutions temps were because that will determin how much DO the plant can uptake.

Hydro with high pH and nute temps is a disaster IMHO.

8. [quote name='ocitown']80F. is just fine and heat stress dont come from the solutions temps,there small hydro plants and need less than 6.8 pH to feed.

I agree But!!!
    75F-78F is best with a peak of 80F-85F in the middle of the day, this simulates natural conditions of when the sun is at its highest, go over this and you will stunt growth,

pH 5.3-5.8 FOR hydro. I found that in hydro if you go over 6.0 and you start to get problems like nute lock out.also the leaf will start curling downwards into a claw like shape which is very similar to nute burn.but its also one of the sign of a pH problem

I agree again But!! if the air temp is too hot then the leaves start to curl upwards this is the plants natural way to help themselves keep cool
    which inturn makes them want to drink but if the nute temp is too warm then its like you drinking a very hot cup of tea you will wait until it has cooled down.

NO DISRESPECT INTENDED ocitown:smoke:

9. And NONE takin my friend,he should post his res. temps and adj. the fuckin pH so he can enjoy some real growin,WTF,were tryin to help ya my brother so get on on it my man!!;)

10. Totaly agree my man :smoke: