Please help my babies!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnman2880, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ok so i posted pics of these before and now both of my plants are looking bad.the healthy 1 is now turning yellow on the top and the smaller 1 looks like it has bugs or something it has brown spots on the leaves.the bigger ones leaves are also turning upward on some of the edges.i have started watering plain water becuase at first the smaller 1 lookd like nute burn but its only getting worse ive also treated it with bug spray and still no signs of stopping.im thinkng of throwing it out because im worried its spread to the other plant.the brown spots dont look like they go all the way thru the leaves so im unsure wat it could be.the bigr one just started lookn ruff on top so im wondering if its some kind of nute deficency? please help i dont want them to die :(

Attached Files:

2. for 1. u need to change the pots u need to use Black not whits or tan roots want darkness.
    2. make sure u spray under the leaves with organic inpesticide i use Ortho get at walmart 6.00 and when u do it repeat 3 days later as there will be eggs that hatched
    Sounds like u have spider mites
    3. what is ur PH level?
    4 what is ur light cycle? u running 24/0?

3. #3 johnman2880, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011

im not sure on the ph i havnt got a tester yet but im going to because i hear their critical.im running 18/6 on my lights with 1-150 watt cfl and a 75 watt.well = to they say cool white.the pots i understand and ill pick up some black ones.why would the top of the big girl turn yellow like that? nute def? i just lookd and the spray im using is by garden safe brand by shultz and it says it kills mites.ive also heard of putting soap suds on plants has any1 tried this with sucess?

4. the stuff i use is a soap foam insecticide its ortho. get a ph tester asap should be between 5.7-6.5 . also what kind of soil u using? u need to runn them 24/0 to allow veg and growth i dont turn to 12/12 until week 4-5

5. it might be to hot in there or it's over watering or something else those are the 2 most likely ones i ca think of

6. ill get some of the ortho.does walmart carry decent ph testers or just get 1 online?the soil im using is expert gardener i got at walmart im going to change it because it has fert already in it and i want to be able to control my nutes.what size pots should i get that will allow them all the way til budding?

7. im using cfl bulbs so i dont think heat should be a factor should it? overwatering maybe because i just water til the meter says moist but its old so it might not work great.

8. here are a few pics of mine look at date stamps some are from last thursday the 2nd and some are from today this is 5 days apart since i been keeping my lights a little higher i water every 2-3 days best way to check is put ir finger in soil about 1-1/2 in and se if moist or dry also after u water lift the pot and check the weight that wil also help.ok change the soil asap i use royal gold basement get at hydro store yes wal mart has cheep ph testers get a pool supplies. that soil could be you whole problem.unles going outdoor i stay away from time release soils

Attached Files:

9. WOW big difference that soil looks really good too a lot betr than the crap im using lol.what kind of light you using halide? my plants are prob close to a month old so their small for their age compared to those ive seen but i also got random seeds im just trying to get my feet wet and learn the ropes.im going to invest more time and money into it i want some beautiful plants! how do you keep ph in check? you just check the water not the soil? seems like watever you put in it is what the soil would be

10. im using 600 HPS hydro farm vented hood with a/c controlled at 76-78 degrees this is my first indoor grow i feed everyother watering with 1/4 dose of MG tomato nutes with 1 drop per gallon of superthrive. as my girls the one in the is my grape ape feminized grape ape.the other 4 are my clones of grape ape,south humboldt purp,master purp, and purp crush. i will start 12/12 lighting in bout 2 weeks

11. nice man! hey i forgot i have a well on my property! all the nutes i could need for my gerls! but i will still get a ph tester cause im unsure if my soil is alkaline or not.but hell nothing is betr than natural rain water so hopefully my babies will bounce back after a couple waterings will the good stuff.im still planing on changing my soil and pots cause i want them to be all they can be!