Please Help me with my grow tent problem

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Kush Killa, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Well this is my first serious grow i got going and decided to order a grow a 4x4x8 grow tent, 600W reflector hood/lamp and 600W lumatek ballast, a 6 inline fan. I already got everything in and setup my tent and hung up my lights but I dont know where to put my inline fan. Does it go inside/outside the tent? I am using it to cool my reflector and am gonna run ducting into the air-coolable reflector. Also is the air suppose to be coming towards the tip of my light/lamp or is the air suppose to be comin from the base of my lamp/light? I am having major problems with setting up the inline fan and REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS ONE! Any tips/suggestions would Greatly Be Appreciated

2. Hi there mate, I also use a grow tent, and if yours is like mine then on the very top of the tent you should have an extraction point (hole) in tent? If so then your inline fan should rest on the whole as the width of the fan will hold it there. You should then attach ducting to the fan securly with a fitting or duck tape then you should attach the other end of the ducting to your cool tube... but in answer to you question ( IT IS EASIER TO REST THE INLINE FAN ON THE ROOF OF YOUR TENT AS IT WILL SIT THERE SNUG)... Get back to me if you don't understand. (REMEMBER TO MAKE SURE THE AIR FLOW IS BEING PULLED OUT OF THE TENT AND NOT PUSHED IN). cheers

3. Oh OK, now i know what u mean. I should just rest the inline fan on the hole at the top of my tent right. The fan should be pushing air into my air coolable reflector right? I will be puttin some ducting on the other end of my air coolable reflector and echausting it thru there out of my tent.

4. yes have the fan at the top....

5. No! You want the air to be extracted!

6. so make sure your fan is pulling air out of your tent... this is how you controll the temperature of the tent buy the heat from the lamp being pulled out of the tent... and ull have to tell me does you cool tube reflector have two open ends or just one??

7. No, you want to PULL air out of the tent, not push it through...

8. how do i do that? can u post pics so i can get an idea. Yeah but doesnt my inline fan have to be pushing air into my 600W air coolable reflector hood? I will be using this fan to cool it or is it overkill? Can my reflector hood be cooled with a little metal fan instead of having to use this huge inline fan?

9. Its an Xtrasun Air coolable reflector hood with 2 open sides. U mean that my inline fan should not be pushin air thru my reflector hood to cool my bulb?

10. right i need to know what type of reflector you have cos im slightly confused now... do you have a standard reflctor thats just like a (U) shape?

11. What u mean? I am totally lost, i thought my inline fan should be pullin air from outside the tent and pushing it thru my air coolable reflector to cool my lamp, and then be exhausted thru ducting out the other side of the tent. Why would i want to pull air out of my tent? Do u have any pics u can show me to get an idea?

12. Its one of these

[​IMG] [​IMG]Xtrasun 6" White Reflector - Air Coolable
    Manufacturer: HydrofarmSKU:eco-4501
    Price: $89.95
    List Price: $104.95 - Savings: $15.00

.addToCartBtn {color:#333333;font-size:15px;font-weight:bold;width:110px;}
    Quantity:

The Xtrasun series offers excellent performance at a cost effective price. Solidly built, compatible with all Hydrofarm or Xtrasun ballasts, and priced to fit any budget. Built in socket & cord set. Completely sealed removable lens system included.

• Bright & broad light delivery
    • Super air coolable
    • Built in 6" flanges
    • Low profile design
    • Highly reflective European specular aluminum
    • Built in socket & cord set
    • Completely sealed removable lens system for easy bulb exchange
    • 5 year warranty on reflective materials
    Reflector Size: 8"H X 21"W x 23-3/4"L
    Accepts: Sodium 400, 430, 600, 1000 - Halide 400, 1000

13. right you may have a differnet tent to me.. do you know the model name of you tent then i can guide you very easily because other wise its harder.. And no you want your fan to be extracting ( pulling ) the warm air out of the tent to control the temperature.. if you could find a picture of your tent it would be a massive help.

14. Its the same reflector i was going to buy... right if you could get me a picture of your tent i can guide you exactly how to set it up perfectly..

15. My tent is a Hydro Farm LightHouse and it is 4x4x8, so when i place the inline fan on top of my tent, i should place it to where it is suckin air out of my tent and blowing it out of the tent. Will this still cool my lamp/light hood? My tent has 1 duct port on each side (left and right only), 1 duct port directly on top, and 2 on the back of it like for lamp,fan, other cords.

16. This is my tent exactly.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]Hydrofarm Lighthouse 4x4 Indoor Greenhouse
    Manufacturer: HydrofarmSKU:eco-5461
    Price: $189.95
    List Price: $239.95 - Savings: $50.00

.addToCartBtn {color:#333333;font-size:15px;font-weight:bold;width:110px;}
    Quantity:

The Lighthouse offers features normally found on more expensive huts. With 3 sizes available to fit your specific growing needs, the Lighthouse will let you grow bigger, taller crops throughout the year.
    All Lighthouse models feature:
    • .8mm steel poles, powder-coated white
    • Strong, plastic molded corners
    • Premium quality zippers, same as used on more expensive units
    • Duct ports - 5 on smaller tents, 6 on 4x8 tent
    • Roll up rear door with straps to keep the doors open
    • Duct ports with twin socks, no flanges necessary
    • Waterproof double layered floor
    • Inner lining is 500 D canvas material with dimpled metallic.... the same as premium units
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. right.. ive looked at you tent. your best way to set this up is to seal up the side vents and only use the very top one.. the side ones are mainly there for connecting up " or more tents.. my tent is the same but without the side vents... so...

1- place fan on top vent extracting air out of tent.
    2- attach the fan to the reflector on the one side.
    3-on the other side of the reflector attach a (carbon filter) via more ducting

... ill get you a picture to help you

(DO YOU HAVE A CARBON FILTER)??

18. You're getting there! Yes, you want to mount the fan on top of your tent and have an air duct going from the fan to the light (the end with the socket/fixture), it will pull air through the open flange on your hood, through your hood, through your exhaust duct and out the tent.

-->hood-->ducting-->fan-->Outside

19. No i will not be using a carbon filter. So u mean i need more than one fan or are u giving me my options on how to set up my fan?

20. type in on google.... AIR COOLED HPS TENT.. some pics on there while give you a rough idea