Please help me choose a soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lanny17, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Hey gc. Getting ready here and have 3 options for soils. I took a picture of the contents of each. What would you go with ? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428102249.251181.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428102263.945470.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428102280.002953.jpg

Everything I say is purely hypothetical.

2. Indoor or outdoors, what nutes you using?

3. Indoors. I have a bottle of .5-1-1 and a bottle of 2-7-7

4. Sorry....I'm really off topic here, but hopefully you're good with it! I had tears rolling down my face from laughter reading your 'disclaimer'.....hahahaha! Best one I've seen in a while! ;)

5. Haha better safe then sorry man.

6. If it were me I'd use the CIL mix...has happy root ingredients...But I use Coco coir because it gives me full control over what my girls are feeding on.

7. That's what I was thinking too I just wanted to be sure it wouldn't be too hot for seedlings.

8. It may burn the seedlings but You should be ok if you dont over fertilize. Your plant will usually tell you when its hungry. I just moved but when i get settled I'm gonna try a comparison of FFOF, MG, Coco, and One in a DWC bucket....I'm pretty sure I know which one will yield the most ;)

9. Well I wouldn't be feeding anything except water atleast the first 3-4 weeks depending on how it does. Thanks I'm confident in the CIL :)

10. Let us know how it turns out :)

11. Look into bx or biobizz both great pro mixs peet bases and coco are gonna be your best choice but fox farm has good stuff to you can use an organic potting mix just gonna have to add perlite happy growing buddy

12. Will do :)

13. They also carry great organic living soil at buildasoil.com

14. Hey so day 5 here 1 is doing really well and the other seems a little funky. What do you think is up ? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429817373.385589.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429817401.785608.jpg

15. they both look normal enuf to me, I wouldn't worry about the funky one yet...like people, some plants are funky looking when there young and turn out fine....just be careful not to overwater....what strain and soil did you settle on?

16. Alright it's the CIL mix. Strain: azura haze from cropking. It's a cross between blueberry and lemon haze. I've been watering once a day because my light is drying them out really quickly. Should I water until I see runoff each time ? I haven't been in fear of overwatering

17. Forgot to quote. Oops

18. I would water until you see water running from the bottom. I'm in the same boat, one looks just fine and the other is just funky looking.

19. Happy Frog Potting soil lasts me about 7 weeks before I add nutrients. I bet longer but have not pushed it. At the 7 weeks mark plus or minus a few days I normally transition to flowering nutrients.

20. The contents to my soil is attached in this thread. It's the CIL mix. Do you think I should wait 7 weeks to feed or a little less ?