Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Please help, kinda freakin out here.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by zephyrstaint, Feb 15, 2013.

1. #1 zephyrstaint, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019

2. maybe you got a viral infection from the weed or something else and your body fought it off? the only time my throat gets sore and my lungs burn a shit load ( i smoke a lot of weed and cigs btw) is when im getting sick.

it could also be due to chemicals in the weed, but i wouldn't bet on it. i'd chalk it up as a random occurrence. i wouldn't worry about it too much unless you start getting sick. no reason to go to the doctor if your not sick. next time make some warm tea, take a war shower. those two things combined open up your sinuses and clear up your throat and chest a looooot.

hope that helps :)

3. My lungs hurt after a smoking a gram in one session but that's about the only time

4. The chances of your weed being sprayed or otherwise tampered with is very low.

2-4 bong bowls a day could definitely do a number on anyone's lungs. Weed or not, you're still inhaling the smoke from burning plant matter. And most people take larger hit with bongs.

You said you quit 11 days ago. I'd give it another week or so, and if you're still having issues with your lungs, then yeah maybe go see a doctor. You don't have to tell your parents that it's because of marijuana.

If you start to feel better after that, then maybe consider picking up a vaporizer if you want to continue smoking.

5. Try using Ice with the bong, it will make the hit smoother, and not hurt as much. Don't smoke a swisher if your coughing up stuff. It could be your just sick, or you have smoked some modly weed. Don't buy your shit from the streets, go to harborside, or your nearest dispencery.

6. That's not true for everyone though.

I personally find that ice makes the hit way more harsh to me, while hot water in the bong actually makes it way smoother. :smoking:

7. Everyone has their opinion, I'm just used to Ice because I smoke out of the gravity bong quite often.

8. I would say that the majority of people get satisfaction from putting ice in their bongs, literally how could it make a hit harsher? It's simple science.

9. Don't smoke that shitty weed.

10. Can't say I've ever heard of that before... that's interesting

11. You're used to ice because you smoke a grav bong? What does that mean unless you're using ice water but the smoke doesn't even go through the water

12. Holy shit, I think you might have lung and throat cancer you might want to get that checked. Just Kidding you were breathing in the hot smoke from combusted plant matter out of a small bowl with no way to cool the smoke, of course your throat and lungs will get sore lol.

13. You prob just got a bug of some sort.. I truly would not worry.. Go run or do something that works your lungs out.. Just to open them bad boys up..

Think of this, ppl smoke 20+ cigs a day for years and years before lung problems..

14. Time to switch to vaping! Give it a good solid chance and you'll probably never look back. Don't worry too much about your lungs... they are good and healing themselves once you stop smoking.

15. just take a break, trust me its not pesticide cuz ive smoked many chemicals in my day and nothings ever happened to me. u do not hav to tell ur parents. and if u truely want to get high then try using a vape,there much more easier on your lungs or u can have edibles

16. #16 zephyrstaint, Feb 16, 2013

17. #17 zephyrstaint, Feb 16, 2013

18. #18 zephyrstaint, Feb 16, 2013