please help identify brown/yellow spots

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GreenMachine420, Nov 30, 2010.

1. i have a feminized Ak-47xBubble Gum in week 1 of flowering..I have a dwc bubble bucket that holds about 2 1/2 gallons.. i have botanicare CNS17 grow and bloom nutes and also only use half the recomended rate.

a couple weeks ago she started getting little brown dots on the bottom and mid leaves. it looked like a calcium deficiency so i checked the ph and it was a little low so i raise it to about 6.1. now about 2 weeks later, the leaves that origanally had it are more yellow and more leaves are gradually getting it. what could this be?

its also in a small area but i have it tied down and heat doesnt seem to be a problem.
    you can see from pic 1 to the last pic of the leaves how it gradually gets worse.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      209.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      238 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      241.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      198.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      209 KB
      Views:
  2. Not familiar with those nutes, but if you are at half the recommended of whats on the bottle, maybe you need to increase the feeding? what is the PPM's?

3. i have a similar problem, i have spots as well i use the fox farms trio, i use about 2 tsp per gallon of each, i also use the ff nutes schedule. the ph is low im working on getting higher. according to my ph test kit the runoff is like 5.8-6.0 up from low 5.0s. the spots are gradually spreading, its still is a little early this leaf is the worst of them.

please help.

im thinking its a combo of ph is low and some kind of deficiency.

Attached Files:

4. Im havin the same problems.ive ben tryin 2 figure out what's goin on.so many def.look like this.but the leaf pattern is jus like the 1 i sniped off 2day wit the same lockout burn like marks.I heard lemon juice works good for ph

5. i am also having the same problem right now on all 6 of my plants. i accidently gave them too many nutes to fast so i flushed them all, but they still are appearing a few days after the flush, so wondering if its nute burn or calcium def.?????

6. all these people with the same issue and no one is helping come on guys please help us out

7. Im not an expert, but are you getting water on the leaves and the lights burning it ?

Are there any pests (look under microscope)

8. I dnt think its burn.I think it might b a beginning of a lock out cuz of lack of certen trace elements .My ph shuldnt b a prob.cuz my meduim is all organic homade mix that adjusts itself. or a lack of certen nuts.since i transplanted them i havnt really seen anything new.MAybe alil heat strees 2?

9. Same here, but mine was a PH problem... too low and I am in Hydro, I added Cal/Mag after I fixed the PH problem and everything is looking great. I did cut away all the damaged growth.

10. It's either a combination of pH and Cal/Mag deficiencies or it's just Cal/Mag deficiency.

Early on I had this exact same problem with FF nutes. It didn't stop until I started using 7.0 pH'd nutes AND water (I'm in soil) and supplemented CalMag into my nutes.

Go out and buy some CalMag, supplement it into your feeding, and check your pH more consistently. It should work, it did for me.

also, make sure your water isn't trash. Using tap water with high PPM/chlorine/sodium will cause all sorts of problems; when in doubt go with R/O water.

11. I was having a similiar problem about 2 weeks ago....my pH was wacked out in my soil...I stopped all feeding and just watered with pH 6.5 water for about a week and the problem seems to be going away...

12. ok so i got my ph perfect and up'd the nutes and it seems to not be as bad.. i do think that i need to get a cal/mag supplement in order to fully fix the problem but im pretty low on cash right now :/