please help guys im trying to upload pictured theyre .jpeg nd every picture i try i get an error

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by chartier22, May 12, 2016.

1. As of today, I had the same problem uploading files using Safari 9.0.3. Updated to 9.1 and still couldn't upload a file.

Found that this resolved the issue for me:

~ Go to the 'Preferences' page for your account settings.
    In the 'Options' section -
    ~ unchecked the box that says 'Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments'

~Save the changes

Let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Worked for me.

Cheers, doinYoda.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Firefox 46.0.1

I have this problem everytime an update on GC happens. It always effects my pc. I
    I am still getting generic error uploading message as of today.
    I have my system to auto update for firefox and delete cache, history, etc when browser is closed.
    Thanks GC.
    Just providing honest feedback.

4. As of today im still getting the same message as well i cant upload my.pics for my journal or anything hopefully GC fixes this asa

5. Again today still lots of trouble uploading pics i cant even do it through tumblr now gives me the same message so i hope that GC fixes this asap i wasn't able to add my new pictures for my 2nd week im in need of help but cant upload my pics here

6. I have been on here for awhile now and never ever had any problem with uploading. About the same time as everyone else I had the error message too. Mine doesn't say anything about an extension, it says there was a problem uploading my file, and no explanation as to why. I also tried to upload using the "Add Media" up at the top and it gave me the same thing. Hmmm, I also upgraded to that windows 10, maybe that is effecting it. I use Firefox and have used it the whole time no problems. Is it windows 10?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I downloaded the app and i have no problem uploading.pics now useing the app

8. Thank you!!! I finally got it to work. Do what Lizard King said and disable flash uploads.

Attached Files:

9. @ICGreen I'm having an issue uploading as well... I'm familiar with uploading photos, so process isn't foreign to me, but every time I try to upload a photo I get the following message:

"The following error occurred... There was a problem uploading your file....[File Name].jpg"

Could it be a browser issue? I changed the size of my file (though when I click "Details" I'm well within my upload limitation); changed the extension... nada.

10. Could you post your browser, OS and any other pertinent information? @Lizard King will need that information in order to help you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Can you please also try making this change to see if this setting change corrects the issue

12. #33 eldude-arino, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    That's got it, thanks Lizard King and RMJ! :D

Apologies for not reading further.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi guys, having trouble uploading pictures. I saw Lizard King's suggestion. How would I do this on a mac? Does anyone know which settings on need to go to in order to do this?
    thanks
    S

14. Your OS doesn't matter, the setting in the screen shot are for the forum. In the upper right, hover over your avatar place holder, then click preferences.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thanks eldude-arino. got it.
    S

16. I was having a similar problem on OSX, using Firefox, and getting an errors that simply read

"The following error occurred There was a problem uploading your file. [name of file.ext]"

Since I am new/not very active, I assumed it was just a badly coded message saying I didn't have privileges.

I copied and pasted text with embedded images onto a post, and the images are there, so that made me really curious. I tried to replicate that but only got links to non-existent media or an image tag no pic...

ICGreen suggested this thread, and here's what happened:

I hadn't really tried anything, so I started with the obvious, making sure FF and Flash were updated. Seemed to be, but I downloaded the latest version of flash anyway. I was able to upload to my media but not to a post. I restarted again and now it seems to be fine.

ALSO

I also have a Win 7 pc, and there I still get the error when trying to upload from Firefox, it DID work when I turned off the "Use flash uploader" option, so there is that. Chrome worked ok. Didn't try IE (never touch the stuff).

Note: Safari on OSX also seemed to work when FF didn't.

(pic uploaded from FF on OSX) 19700101_165223.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. #38 thewanderingjack, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    or not... I am getting the error again... it did work, and now it's not

Seems like what worked was turning off the Flash uploader and clearing my history/cache.

18. Worked great for me in safari. just disable flash uploader.
    Thank you

19. I am currently on the GC app. I was uploading pics by using imgur but it quit working. I read their terms and services. They say anything illegal posted. They will contact the authorities. They even added "We mean it". So I deleted my pics , deleted the app.

I can not figure out how to post to GC. Either thru the app or straight from website. Any tutorials?

Here's a test of a pic. 20180714_172821.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app