please help guys im trying to upload pictured theyre .jpeg nd every picture i try i get an error

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by chartier22, May 12, 2016.

1. Hi guys im trying to upload pictures to my other thread but every picture i try it says there's an error message saying the extension is wrong yet its a .jpeg and it says they accept that format to upload pics anyone know how to fix this i would greatly appreciate it thanks ahead of time everyone

2. Hmmmm, I've been in the same boat for a few hours now...

:confused_2:

3. If it is from your device you may have to load it to a host site first, them link it here.
    You can also load it to your Media files here on GC, then link to the post.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  4. How do i upload them as media files on GC? Thanks a lot icgreen in advance for explaining

5. It keeps saying the picture dosent have access to an extended profile not that exact wording but it won't let me even try to upload anything mow

6. Just tried it out, keeps erroring for me no matter the image...Nothing specific, just says "There was a problem uploading your file."

I have no other experience with it though so I don't know if it did work or if there are certain dimensions an image must be before uploading.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Well there's 3 people mow who have seen if maybe there's issue with their server

8. Well, other people use it with no problems...So there is a possibility it is our computer and nothing to do with their server.

Do you get the same error? Or do you receive a different one when trying to upload?:coolalt:

9. Same message each time no matter how i upload or were i try to upload it and dosent matter what picture all of them says the same thing so im not sure i tried with my mobile Nd my computer both gave me the error message

10. @Superjoint @Lizard King

We'll see if they can figure out where the issue might lie, but it could still be a routing issue which they might not be able to do much about.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hopefully, I haven't skipped any steps but try this;

Click the Media drop down (Up by the Forum, Media, Members options at the top of the page).
    Click on - Your Media
    Your Content - Your Albums
    Click the - Add Media Button
    Add Media To
    An Album
    Choose An Album (drop down list)
    Select - Create An Album
    Create An Album
    (Pick your name options etc. Careful on the Who May View)
    The next Page should be defaulted to the Upload An Image Tab
    You should click the - Upload Image Button
    Browse to the location of the image.
    (I usually put all images on the root of my C: drive).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Did that, kicks the general error back.

But I don't use it, personally...So I'm not sure how it works when it does work.:coolalt:

13. Ah i understand i just made my account today and started my first babies off and wanted to show to get some feedback i will keep trying periodically to see if it'll allow me to upload them

14. Until they can take a look at it I'd just upload it to a site like TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting or something, then take the shortcut that it gives you and push the landscape lookin' button in the bar ^^^ and paste it in.:coolalt:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wasn't there some sort of 'site update' recently? ....Coincidence, or?

The perplexing part: I had no problem uploading/displaying anything until yesterday morning/afternoon....very bizarre...

:confused_2:

16. Can you guys please list me the browser and operating system you are using when you receive this message

• Like Like x 1
  17. I use my pc which in internet explorer and use my iPad which is safari tried both thinking it may make a difference

18. Tired again just now and keep getting error message "extension not allowed"

19. Try flushing your browsing history and update Adobe Flash, see if that helps.

:smoke:

20. having same problem uploading a pic to my stash box album says an error occurred. its a jpeg file size 112 kb uploaded fine to tumblr