Please help guys asap

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by danbigbud123, Feb 14, 2013.

1. I currently have started a new job i need to change my light cycle i am 2 weeks into flower can i have my lights off for 24 hours and then back into 12/12 or will this cause problems?

2. i would rotate the light cycle 30mins or 1 hr per day
    example: one day would be 1pm on to 2am off then 2 pm on to 3 am off until u get it where u want it to be

3. I cant do that i need to give it 24 hours otherwise i wont be able to tend to the garden

4. I wouldn't risk it. Bongboi's solution is probably your only option to not risk shocking them too bad.

5. Should be fine, I have way too many strains and have had worse things happen....

The hermaphroditic response is typically brought on by light interruptions, which isnt really the case here, you should make sure they arent stressed and are healthy, should be fine..

Even if you do get a few herms, alot times the pollen isnt viable, or you can pluck the nanners before they open.

A plant throwing bananas and hermying out on you no matter needs to get tossed tho....

6. So the plants shouldn't hermie on me if I leave them off for 24hours its really the only option I have really

7. should be fine, Ive had power outages here for longer with no ill effects...

Try to avoid doing it more than once lol... Def better than giving 24hrs of light to get the timing down, that would indicate spring is coming early triggering the hermaphroditic asexual response..

Youll be fine, no worries ok....

8. dark during light period is ok, light during dark period is whats bad.

9. Ok so it will be ok then? Fingers crossed cheers guys

10. Go into it without thinking anything is going to happen..Fear manifests reality at all costs..

For example, most newbs when cloning will keep pulling the dome to check them, this lets the high RH escape thats needed for proper propagation and you really should just let em do there thing and not worry about it..

Youve only one option here and thankfully it just requires an extra bit darkness to get you on track, again, dont make a habbit or you will stress them, once should be fine and I think you are really overreacting...

11. Waste of time asking for advice in that case, just saying.

12. Im not overreacting I am just making sure it is ok to do before I do it this is what this forum is for to double check on things your not sure on it is just like cutting a piece of wood you measure twice and cut once not the otherway round so its not an overreaction its just called being cautious

13. No its not i f it was a bad thing I would have to find another solution so if your just going to be sarcastic dont bother commenting dude

14. Your fine to leave the lights off for that long.

15. Apologies, I should I have explained the context a bit better, but honestly, as was stated, being you dont have an option, what exactly do u want to know, I think you will be fine man... No worries, remember bro.. Just know in your head that no matter what, your plants are doing great when you arent there to watch them, thoughts manifest reality.... Stay positive bro..

16. No problem dude it is not the only option just the easiest its either this or get someone to tend to my garden which means telling someone what im doing which I dont want lol thanks for all your help mate

17. I have had this problem TWICE in the same grow. Had to do an emergency move after my house flooded and the house my ladies were transferred to had a completely opposite light cycle.
    Just give them 24 hrs of darkness. Everything will be perfectly fine. I promise you. The chances of getting a hermi from one day of no light is close to zero.

18. Thanks dude I will go ahead and give them the dark period if it has worked and been ok for you it will for me cheers

19. don't let people stress you out with the "hermi" Word. In 4 years I've never had a single plant turn on me. I've even left the light switch on in my room while I was on vacation for 3 days during the middle of flowering and didn't notice a single problem.

20. Yeah I guessed it was tough for a plant to herm on you but better to be safe than sorry lol