Please help! Fabric pots & Flowering.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dankyxbuds, Mar 26, 2020.

1. I have tried to look this up alot in the past couple weeks, and cant find anything on it. I know with soil the rule of thumb is 1ft per 1gal of soil. I am using 3 gallon fabric pots, So i been trying to start flowering when mine hit about 18". But one i got is already at 16" and is like 3-4" bigger than the rest. I want to know if it will cause problems if i let it get like around 20" then flower? I keep reading that it wont go rootbound will just air prune itself. But will it stunt any growth during flowering phase? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. It will be better for the roots than plastic pots, but the root system is still limited in size by how many Gal you have, so you can expect bigger plants in a bigger pot, but only if you also give them enough time to actually use all the space and grow out the root system. I grew my first run in 3Gal fabrics and was very happy. This time I try 4 of my plants in 5Gal just to see if it is worth it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scrogging would benefit the larger gallon buckets and fill up the tent nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fabric pots air prune roots. It will not stunt any growth. You might get to a point where you will need to feed more often if the amount of soil becomes to small to sustain the plant for long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thank you guys very much! So i should be good, wont cause any major damage. Currently at 1 month of veg, fimmed + lst on 4 of them. Probly gunna start flowering in about a week. Again much appreciated!

6. Roots do the majority of growing during veg. You'll be fine. Worst case scenerio it will need fed more often

• Like Like x 1