PLEASE HELP!Do i have spider mites???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pjsk8allday, Feb 22, 2018.

1. So i was looking closely to my plants and i notced several small oranged colored bugs crawling in the soil. They are super tiny and fast so i cant take a pic of them. And ive noticed a few holes and spots like in the picture below. If so what can i do to get rid of them that doesnt cost anything? I need a jome remedy cause i cant spend any money for pesticides or anything. I just sprayed the leaves and soil with 1:1 %70 iso alcohol: water. 1519277790077.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Spider mites ruined my first crop,they leave white spots on the leaves becuse they feed on the chlorophyl.They stack up under the leaves and you can see them moving even without a loupe or microscope.I personaly don't think you have spidermites...

• Like Like x 1
  3. That a big relief if your correct. I was freaking out and sprayed again with the alcohol water solution with dawn dish soap added. If theyre not spider mites, do you have a clue what they could be? Aftrr spraying i dont see them anymore but im sure there in there somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aphids? Gnats ? Sorry what medium you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ff ocean forest. They are tiny and orange. Non flying

• Like Like x 1
  6. Probably aphids man I heard ff soil is bad try running some h202 through medium
    Say 2 mil per gal for ratio ?

Also look at z7 by flying skull when the chance .

Or neem oil to water1/4ratio

7. Try to get a pic of bug

8. Spidermites are white or almost tranparent in the early stage and brownish/red in adult stage.I sprayed with neem oil and water solution and i was able to controll the for a while but the infetation was huge and couln't save anything because i was too late in flowering...My spray bottle is 150ml,just filled it with water,1ml neem oil and few drops dish soap (the neem oil doesn't mix with water and the dish soap helps).
    **ALWAYS** spray with lights off!The leaves have to absorb the neem oil and if the lights are on it will just evaporate.
    I hope i helped!

p.s. you can check Spider Mites: Get Rid of Them Quick! | Grow Weed Easy for more info

Blaze up!

• Like Like x 2
  9. 1519287230805.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1519287365870.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. I caught one and put it in a plastic container and took the pic. Its very small, like they could walk along the edge of a xcredit card no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’m calling aphids But that pic is hard no macro lenses buddy . Sorry I’m being picky it’s just I don’t want to give you guesses o like giving you answers

13. Take a picture of the leaf damage on the top and underneath it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. thripes maybe? aphids too maybe.
    Not mites tho!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Okay everybody so like i said i sprayed it with iso alcohol and i woke up this morning to this... im fuckin sick of havin of these issues on this grow im sure the older one will live. But will the baby?

1519320304916.jpg 1519320323883.jpg 1519320363783.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Use peroxide instead dude

17. IMO FFOF has too many critters in it most of the time. I switched to Nectar of the Gods #4 and was impressed that the critter population wasn't bad....time will tell.

18. OP - ^^^^ This.

Alcohol WILL kill your plants - D-E-A-D dead.

Invest in some cold pressed Neem oil from Neemresource.com

As with any oil, remember you need to emulsify it.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. whats the problem . your in veg . these plants can be taken out of the soil and throw into a water bath . it will kill every bug with out hurting the plants . and after you give them a good bath spray my solution . 10 teaspoons of olive oil per gallon of water along with 5 teaspoons of dawn dish soap . do this weekly even if you do not have . and sense you have bugs not mites . mites do not tear holes into the leafs like you have pictured . spray them daily for 2 weeks . you must have a fan blowing on the plants 24/7 to prevent mold . you have to have the fan going regardless if yor spraying them or not . this will keep the bugs gone ! and molds