Please help diagnose my problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Peace111, Apr 2, 2014.

1. #1 Peace111, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    Hi all, this is my first grow, and I need some help! Two potential problems here I need your expert opinions on:

I am on day 17 since seedlings came out of the soil. As can sort of be seen in the pics (had to use laptop as its my only webcam, hence the shitty quality, sorry >_< ) the tips of the leaves are starting to yellow. On some of the leaves it sort of looks like it is very subtly starting to on the outer edges as well. What do you experts think the issue is here?

Here is a full breakdown of my setup and routine:

-Both plants are Feminized Hindu Kush (100% indica)
    -Haven't fed any nutes yet.
    -Water every 48 hours with a spray bottle, 30 full sprays evenly on the surface
    -temp has been around 79F since the start
    - relative humidity has been kept around 50-58 for the past week and a half
    -Using 150W HPS, plant tops have been ~6 inches from bulb (used hand method to gauge heat at tops, although I increased the gap another inch today out of concern)
    -There is a fan breezing them
    -Light cycle is 23/1
    -Soil mix is :
    -3/6 promix potting+seedling soil (75-80% sphagnum peat moss, and the rest is perlite, limestone, and wetting agent)
    -1/6 vermiculite
    -1/6 worm castings (1-0-0)
    -1/6 manure with organic humus (0.05-0.05-0.05)

The yellowing is my major concern at the moment, but there is one other concern. One plant is not growing nearly as tall as the other, and has been sort of growing on an odd tilt as compared to the other plant. Some of the leaves are slightly twisted to while growing. It has been this way for the past week and a half. Is this just a normal oddity or is this something to be concerned about? Should I prop it with something, do something else, or leave it be? It is still growing leaves fine but it just looks so odd...

Any and ALL comments and suggestions are GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANKS!

Peace111!

2. Which pics are you referring to??

3. Cant to pics, sounds like it could be heat stress over watering and the soil may be a little to rich for them.

4. #4 Peace111, Apr 2, 2014
    i59.tinypic.com/2rd96k5.jpg

i60.tinypic.com/vrea69.jpg

5. It isn't really extreme, but it is something and I want to nip it in the bud (pun intended =D ) before it gets to be worse.

6. Here is a close up on one:i61.tinypic.com/11rvjiu.jpg

7. #7 Peace111, Apr 2, 2014
    SkunkyMonkey,

After seeing the pics, can you narrow it down at all? Thanks for the initial insight!

Do you have any opinions Dawill, or anyone else reading this?

What do you guys also think about the slouching one???

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

8. #8 Skunky Monkey, Apr 2, 2014
    From those blurry pics there def over fed, they look over watered to, is the twisting curling i see going down or upwards, the leaves curl up to shade them selves from to much light, when there over watered they curl down, i'm starting to think heat stress, nute burn and possibly over watering, i know you haven't fed but sometimes the soil can be a bit to strong.

9. #9 Peace111, Apr 2, 2014
    Ok, so I will raise my light some more and start watering every 3-4 days instead of every 48 hours from now on. Thanks A LOT skunky!