Please help. Detailed story about getting busted in dorms tonight

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tokabowl, Jan 25, 2011.

1. okay heres what happened in my friends dorm room tonight.
    Please read it all as the end is very important. I want to know what to do and what my situation is. I've been arrested for weed and drinking before, but not at campus, which the cop asked specifically about campus??

Me and him were in there fucking around with our bud and grinders and pipes and shit, it was out but we hadn't smoked in there yet.

So we pack a bowl and are leaving the room to go outside to smoke and as we enter the hallway the RA says, "Joe, go back in your room, OPS is on the way" (that is the campus police, they are real cops the whole deal).

So I run back in and i throw all the shit in my jacket pocket and try to dip out down the stairs but as i was walking out there he was. 2 OPS officers were standing there.

So we are talking, they are saying it smelt like weed and all that shit, we deny obviusly. During this process I take off my jacket (to avoid a possible, legal weapons check search, so he wouldnt feel all the shit).

So joe says he can search the room cause there was nothing in there. As he is searching he lifts my jacket up off the bed to check under the bed and he hears all the glass banging around and instantly knows. He puts it down (cause its mine, and i never agreed to shit) and continues and finds nothing.

He comes to me and says is this your jacket, and I said ya. he sais i konw what's in there, i deny and say i wont take anything out and you cant search it. He just opens it up and takes it all out.

He gives me a City Ordiance ticket, idk what it means. He says its less than a misdemenor i guess but I have a court date. I hear the fine is 500.

What should I do? Do I challenge him for unlawful search?

Whats the deal with a city ticket, Because I have been arrested for weed before at my home town and idk if im still on supervision of whwatever, could this affect that?

Thanks

2. dont ask for legal advice here. your going to jail flee the country now!

3. Ya dude you're screwed. You should be getting your notice of expulsion anytime now.

4. What?! what the fuck?! thats not funny are you serious? They would have mentioned that I'm sure.

5. it is possible. post where u go to school so we can forward them this link! only then can we know for sure.

6. Not necessarily, my brother who goes to Wyotech in Laramie, got caught mid blunt by the RA and residential cops and he just got put on probation. He didn't get kicked out, but maybe he got lucky there. He just had to pass the piss tests which he did.

7. a college kid? with small amounts of weed? probably the same as a murder charge.

8. If your college is like most colleges then they probably won't kick you out.

They would rather have your tuition money. However, they do have have to make an example out of you that drugs on campus is not acceptable so you will probably endy up with either a fine or probation/

9. I think it depends on what your caught with.

The point in expelling somebody who has weed is to protect the rest of the student's from said person, IMO.

If they caught you with an ounce, your probably very fucked, but if it was like under a qaurter or something i'm sure they will work something out with you.

You do have a prior for dope though so who know's...

You made a bad decision dude. Do that shit outside because a bag of dope isn't worth your education. Espically at college prices these days.

10. I doubt you will be expelled, academic probation is much more likely or if your lucky a warning. In the future though smoke off campus. Your education is worth more than getting high.

11. If you didnt go to jail when he found the used para. then you are fine.

If its a court day, go and if you did get caught before with a misdem. you will get a fine,community service, a warning...

IF its all school stuff like the real police dont got nothin to do with it. your prolly in more trouble lmao. Schools can be tough but if you go to a regular college/uni and its your first time im sure its a warning/probation or those greedy fucks may take a fine.

unless your in olklahoma... but if you were there you wouldnt be posting right now :D haha

12. death penalty imo

13. Academic probation? It all depends man.

14. Dude, as far as I know, schools won't allow authorities to know about such thing because it will get them in trouble too. The most you can be charged for is a fine which you got, academic probation, and perhaps some kind of "drug education".

15. If you have the money, get a lawyer and fight it but sounds like he had probable cause for the search. Just pay the fine and move on.

16. The ticket you recieved is just slightly more potent than a traffic ticket.
    You will get your day in court.
    It depends on how much the fine is if you want to fight it or not. Chances are its about a hundred bucks. That may be a small price to pay to keep a cop happy.
    If you challenge this in court your basicly calling the cop a liar or saying that he does not know how to do his job. He is still going to be on the job, patroling by your residence every day....................pissed.

School .............idk
    Choose wisely, fight that shit if you dont think you will be harrassed.
    peace B

17. hey man.. don't sweat it!

I got caught last year in the dorms by the cops and it kinda sucked lol. I lost like a half ounce, my fav bong, and my 2 fav pipes that I had for years, not to mention I had to pour almost a full 30 rack down the drain :( I ended up having to go to drug/alcohol classes for the school and see a counselor for the school also. The counselor did not see that I had any problems, so I didn't have to go back more than once! But I did get 40 hrs community service by the judge and probation :( Luckily, I got my charge downgraded to disorderly conduct rather than poss of weed so I had no DRUG TESTS!

18. That wasn't cool to say man..you scared the kid..

19. If you would have crotched your sack of bud nothing would have happened.
    its anoying to do this, but you get used to after a while
    its a LOT less likely to be taken to the police station for a body search than being poket searched wherever you are

20. If you can still 4 pipes and a grinder up your ass. i solute you.