Please help anxiety not going away

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by NoviceVt, Aug 10, 2018 at 5:58 AM.

1. Sorry about this second thread i m just being scared. I smoked 6 days back and tripped badly with anxiety and heart started racing and I thought I was gonna die ..After that night for 2 3 days I got few episodes of anxiety and I feel my muscles are really weak and feel like squeezing my legs and arms. Now anxiety is nit that much but still having a heavy head. I dying to feel normal. Has anybody experienced this?

2. Hi. I think most people who use cannabis have experienced what you're going through. It's not unusual to feel anxiety after having a bit too much THC, and as bad as it seems, it's not dangerous... it just seems like it! If you know where to get some high CBD weed, it helps to reduce exactly the kind of anxiety THC produces, and can stop that anxious/paranoid feeling in its tracks.

There is a trick to beating anxiety, which I'll share with you now: thinking about anxiety after an anxiety attack can cause another anxiety attack! Like, if you start thinking about how anxious you were the other night and how crappy it felt, that can trigger a new anxiety attack! Clearly, the thing to do is not to think about anxiety, but that's like not thinking about anything: once someone says 'don't think about it,' you won't be able to keep it out of your mind! No, the thing to do is to acknowledge it and move on. Say, 'Wow, this anxiety thing sucks... but I know it's temporary and not serious.' And turn your mind to other things. Like I said, there's a trick to it. You have to acknowledge it and turn your mind away from it. It's a lot like forcing your breathing to relax when you hyperventilate: sounds easier said than done, but after a while you wonder why it seemed so difficult when you started.

Hope this helps, and hope you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks so much! that really calmed me down. The other thing is I am getting this ringing sound in my ears and bit of dizziness/shaky feeling in my head. I cant concentrate on things like i used to normally. Will this feeling go away as well after some time? the fact that all these symptoms along with muscle weekness (or similar feeling) in legs and arms making me thinking that weed might have affected my vestibular system. Will that be a thing of concern?

4. #4 Didactylos, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:37 AM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018 at 4:50 AM
    Cannabis doesn't really affect the body in that way. It affects the endocannabinoid system, which affects things like appetite, fertility, nausea, etc. Ringing in the ears and weakness in the limbs sound like symptoms of hyperventilation. Just guessing here, not a doctor... but what you're describing sounds like something on top of, or in addition to anxiety. :unsure:

Like I said, I'm not a doctor. Hell, I'm a chimp in a spacesuit with an emergency banana! But the one thing I do know is if it persists, talk to a medical type person to be on the safe side.

Be well

Added in edit: the above reference to 'chimp in a spacesuit' refers to an avatar I may or may not be currently using. I am not actually a chimp, nor do I own a spacesuit. It would be great if I did, tho. . .

• Like Like x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You