Please help anxiety not going away

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 1065488, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Sorry about this second thread i m just being scared. I smoked 6 days back and tripped badly with anxiety and heart started racing and I thought I was gonna die ..After that night for 2 3 days I got few episodes of anxiety and I feel my muscles are really weak and feel like squeezing my legs and arms. Now anxiety is nit that much but still having a heavy head. I dying to feel normal. Has anybody experienced this?

2. Hi. I think most people who use cannabis have experienced what you're going through. It's not unusual to feel anxiety after having a bit too much THC, and as bad as it seems, it's not dangerous... it just seems like it! If you know where to get some high CBD weed, it helps to reduce exactly the kind of anxiety THC produces, and can stop that anxious/paranoid feeling in its tracks.

There is a trick to beating anxiety, which I'll share with you now: thinking about anxiety after an anxiety attack can cause another anxiety attack! Like, if you start thinking about how anxious you were the other night and how crappy it felt, that can trigger a new anxiety attack! Clearly, the thing to do is not to think about anxiety, but that's like not thinking about anything: once someone says 'don't think about it,' you won't be able to keep it out of your mind! No, the thing to do is to acknowledge it and move on. Say, 'Wow, this anxiety thing sucks... but I know it's temporary and not serious.' And turn your mind to other things. Like I said, there's a trick to it. You have to acknowledge it and turn your mind away from it. It's a lot like forcing your breathing to relax when you hyperventilate: sounds easier said than done, but after a while you wonder why it seemed so difficult when you started.

Hope this helps, and hope you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks so much! that really calmed me down. The other thing is I am getting this ringing sound in my ears and bit of dizziness/shaky feeling in my head. I cant concentrate on things like i used to normally. Will this feeling go away as well after some time? the fact that all these symptoms along with muscle weekness (or similar feeling) in legs and arms making me thinking that weed might have affected my vestibular system. Will that be a thing of concern?

4. #4 Didactylos, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Cannabis doesn't really affect the body in that way. It affects the endocannabinoid system, which affects things like appetite, fertility, nausea, etc. Ringing in the ears and weakness in the limbs sound like symptoms of hyperventilation. Just guessing here, not a doctor... but what you're describing sounds like something on top of, or in addition to anxiety. :unsure:

Like I said, I'm not a doctor. Hell, I'm a chimp in a spacesuit with an emergency banana! But the one thing I do know is if it persists, talk to a medical type person to be on the safe side.

Be well

Added in edit: the above reference to 'chimp in a spacesuit' refers to an avatar I may or may not be currently using. I am not actually a chimp, nor do I own a spacesuit. It would be great if I did, tho. . .

• Like Like x 2
  5. I have the exact same problem... I’ve been tweaking my issue for 4 years.
    Micro dosing is key to managing anxiety/paranoia with weed.
    Baby steps, build your tolerance level over time.
    It made my life worth living during terrideep depression.
    Good luck!

6. Thanks for your reply. I am not a regular smoker. This was my 3rd time. And after this horrible experience i am not smoking it again. I m feeling much better after 2 weeks. Getting mild anxiety sometimes but it's improving

7. i understand completely... I hate to see you give up this wonderful medicine, but I completely understand. Sometimes it’s the particular strain that gives unbearable anxiety, such as a Sativa for me! I cannot handle most Sativas, they cause me great anxiety/paranoia.
    I am an Indica fan, it calms me to a point where I can relax, regroup and LIVE my life!
    When you gain some confidence back, try and find a Indica strain, maybe this will give you some reprieve from your anxiety.
    Take care friend.
    Tree

8. So was the first 2 times pleasant? Was the 3rd time the same strain as the first 2 times? No need to answer. Just food for thought.

If you find the effects of cannabis overall unpleasant, just don't smoke. Not all humans are wired for cannabis

Here's an article you may have already seen

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/...mpaign=Roost&utm_source=Roost&utm_medium=push

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Great article. Thanks!

10. Glad you enjoyed it!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

11. Some people get anxious when they smoke, in fact one of my friends can't smoke. He gets too worked up every time he does it. Before you decide it's the bud doing it to you though you should make sure everything is on point. Are you eating a good diet? Are you getting a healthy amount of sleep and exercise? B vitamins are very important for stress and anxiety management, consider a B multi vitamin. Try some adaptogenic herbs like tulsi, ashwagandha, astragalus, rhodiola. Magnesium is important as well, make sure you're getting plenty of that. Kava root tea can be a potent anti-anxiety tea. Last but not least try taking a CBD supplement several minutes before you smoke. The CBD might help balance you out some. I'd recommend at least 20-30mgs.

12. Fortunately i am out of it. I got lot if blood tests done and also my nerve conduction testing done. I had severe deficiency of B12 and had peripheral nerves issues dues to sedentary style and heavy cardio. These conditions got suddenly stimulated due to high potent weed which created all this trouble. After vitamin supplies and nerve boosting medicines everything is getting back to normal.
    And no these symptoms are purely nervous system related and not psychological at all

13. Take a diet rich in fruits!

Sent from my TA-1053 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Thanks but for this condition one need B12 reach diet which is mainly eggs, meat, dairy, fish. Of course fruits are good for detox in first couple days. Anxiety is actually caused by nerve damages fir which one need tablets like nurokind forte which acts on reviving nerves

15. OP, take a B mutli vitamin. B12 is what you may need the most, but all the B vitamins are important for managing stress and anxiety, especially B1. They act synergistically with each other. Good sources of B vitamins are eggs, oysters, beef liver, orange juice, and potatoes. Make sure you get plenty of gelatin in your diet as well. Glycine, a primary amino acid in gelatin, is responsible for anti-stress and anti-anxiety effects. Avoiding really, really low carbohydrate diets (like keto) will help keep stress down as well. Absence of glucose the body elevates cortisol to burn body fat as energy. Cortisol is the stress hormone. This also shuts down thyroid hormone production causing your metabolic fire to go out, essentially. Getting the right kinds of dietary fats are important too. Saturated fats are pro-metabolic and anti-stress, unsaturated fats (particularly polyunsaturated fats) shut down thyroid hormone, causes stress, and oxidation damage. You don't have to, but I highly suggest you give Ray Peat's work a look. His website has some interesting articles and studies. Also there's a couple Youtube channels that talk about nutrition inspired by Ray as well. Like this one, this one, and this. Personally this was exactly what I needed to fix myself, it's possible you may very well be different. But if you've tried fad diet after fad diet and haven't gotten optimal results, or if you've actually worsened, the physiological approach to dieting may really benefit you. Basically the premise of the approach is to focus on micro nutrient density rather than macro nutrient ratios like most diets. Also to replenish thyroid/metabolic health by avoiding PUFA and staying out of ketosis.