Please help again.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Megadethcloud, Dec 27, 2018.

1. I've posted a few posts about my droopy plants. I did a control test. I took a perfectly healthy looking plant from the veg closet and put it in the tent with the droppers. In 2 days it was starting to droop also! The closet has 6 4ft t5s and a bit warmer than the tent does but nothing drastic. The tent has 520 watts of LEDs but only 260watts running atm. My big light can be adjusted down to almost nothing. The lights are a good 18" above canopy. Thoughts????

2. Even with the T5, you may have your lights a little too close. If they are seedlings or cuttings, raise that light up a couple feet — they don’t need that much light.

It would help a lot to know more about your setup. What is your medium, how often do you water, what nutrients do you use and how often, what is your water source, etc.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

3. The plants under the t5s are fine but when I put them in the tent with LEDs is when it goes down hill. They're good size, far from cuttings. Using coco loco, I water only when dry. Using flora nova series. Rainwater. I think it might be getting too cool during lights out. Gonna employ a heater during that time and increase humidity.

4. Wow ok. And how close are your LEDs

5. Do you have a way to capture your nighttime temperatures?

6. Don't think they'd be getting too cold unless it's under 30. LED lights designed for flowering should be used for just that. Leave them under the T5's until they are strong enough for the LED's. The LED's might be lacking in the proper spectrum for the plant. Is the LED new or a proven light? Nuits? Ph&ppm? Sealed system with c02 or just a vent fan non sealed? Pics?

7. I grew in CocoLoco for several months. It’s a good medium. I reused the same bag of it like 4 or 5 times. If you reamend it with worm castings and add some dolomite lime it’s good as new.

8. 18" or so. My last round I had zero issues like this so that why I'm leaning towards temp as opposed to lights. Plus the lights were a whole lot closer than 18",more like 6" with no problem.

9. You got lucky my friend. That is WAY too close for LEDs, especially in veg. How did your last crop turn out? What kind of LED lights are you using? If they are dimmable I’m gonna guess QBs. I keep my QBs around 30” in veg

10. They're proven lights,had a beautiful harvest a few weeks ago. Flora nova nutes. Ph 6.6. Ppms are low right now since I just flushed but will be back up next watering. Non sealed.

11. I've got 2 Viparspectra 300s(136 watts actual draw) on em right now. I have a Maxsisun 600(250 actual) I add when flowering. Last crop was amazing. It was my first try at LEDs also. I'm doing exactly the same thing this time as last, same strain also.

12. Ph 6.6 is your problem, it should be more like 5.8, imho.

13. Wrong. CocoLoco should never be treated as Coco. It should be treated as soil and should be close to 6.8

14. 5.8 for coco loco? That still wouldn't explain my plant that's in coco/perlite mix drooping also.

15. I
    M up around 6.6 to 6.7 atm.

16. That’s perfect.

17. That's what I thought. I'm pretty sure it's not pH especially since I put a tester plant in there and it started doing the same thing. It's not getting below 65 degrees at light out but my humidity is a steady 40% since my humidifier broke.

18. I’m telling you man — raise them lights up. I don’t k ow how you got away with them being that close on your last grow, but it seems you did. To stay on the safe side, they shouldn’t get closer than 18”. In veg they need more distance so you’ll get some stretch. I learned my lesson on my first LED grow. My plants didn’t stretch AT ALL because they had the light intensity they needed and didn’t feel the need to stretch to it.

I say raise your lights considerably and see what happens. All of your other conditions seem to be on point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. [​IMG]

See what I mean? No stretch. I grew 6 sativa dominant plants under quantum boards that were too close and all of my plants were this tall when they finished.

Compare that to what I’m doing now all by simply raising my lights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. I'll do that first thing after work. I dont have a ton of vertical height but I can def get another 8 to 10 inches for sure. This whole shit just boggles my mind being the same strain, same nutes.....same everything basically. By the time my last plant finished it was like 6" from my 600 LED at full power