Please help 100% new grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Purp N Dro, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Hello, I happen to stumble across this forum and it seems to be a growers heaven. I am 100% new to growing and would some tips, I was thinking about the afghan auto by nirvana for my first strain next year, I will be planting outside in a spot that will be getting a good amount of sun and will most likely be putting the seed into the 5 gallon pot right from the start, I was thinking of using fox farm soil, but I'm not sure when to use ferts how to use them, and what type to use, keep in mind I'm very new to this but I have been doing my research, I've read a lot about tiger bloom when it hits the flowering stage, can anyone please offer a basic guide!!! Thanks for the help!!! Much love!

2. Fuck Fox farms soil, and IMO fuck their nutes too. usually any nutes you buy with come with some sort of schedule. youve made it to the city.. start using the search function and read on my man!

3. I've been reading but it seems I can't find exactly the information I am looking for, this is why I started my own thread, from what I read about foxfarm it was good soil, I would love to hear what you use for nutes and soil, I live in North Carolina

4. i used advanced sunshine #4 soiless with coco. for nutes i rock the cyco platinum series.
    Search for something that most resembles what youd like to do then ask a ton of questions to that grower.

5. Happy frog is all that needs to be said.

6. [quote name='"ruffstylez"']Happy frog is all that needs to be said.[/quote]

You ask just as many grow question, I dont feel you should be giving out any info. Kills me when
    Noobs misinform other noobs. It's a vicious cycle.

7. You've gave him nothing other then fuck this and fuck that and you are really complaining because I gave a brand of high quality soil? Mmmkay.

8. how long you been using happy frog? What do you have to compare it against? What nutes you using? seen you only have 36 post so i checked the threads youve started. NOTHING but questions, yet you have the information OP needs? i doubt it.
    Ive ran FFOF (fox farms ocean forrest) with Fox Farms nutes when i first started. DONT buy into FF hype OP. Been their done that.

9. ive got a few journels arouns the city, op is welcome to check em out and soak up some info. but if I came in and set up everyone grow for them, what kinda shit would that be? your parents used to do your homework for you?

10. I grow for a dispensary with 4 other people. I am fairly new to growing, but the guys I work with have over 100 years of experience. One owns a hydro shop and he was the one who got me hooked onto happy frog. Another guy who has helped me a lot works there too and just recently switched to happy frog and the results have been great. I am using botanicare (all 3 in diff stages) and a liquid bloom 0-10-10 for flower as well as the liquid karma all the way through. I see no problem giving out some pointers on what some people use and then let him decide after some research what he wants to use. I thought that was what this community was for after all.

11. [quote name='"ruffstylez"']I grow for a dispensary with 4 other people. I am fairly new to growing, but the guys I work with have over 100 years of experience. One owns a hydro shop and he was the one who got me hooked onto happy frog. Another guy who has helped me a lot works there too and just recently switched to happy frog and the results have been great. I am using botanicare (all 3 in diff stages) and a liquid bloom 0-10-10 for flower as well as the liquid karma all the way through. I see no problem giving out some pointers on what some people use and then let him decide after some research what he wants to use. I thought that was what this community was for after all.[/quote]

Touché, just kills me to see noob on noob suggestion. Sorry if I came of being a dick. Misinformation spread like wildfire around here, the you get a shit load of the exact same threads askin the exact same shit. Or just blatent ignorance about growing in general. Happy frog still has food in the soil. I myself like to keep as inert a media as possible. I want ALL nutes to go through me first. More control over the grow is better.

12. And that is fine. In fact, that is what the OP needs. 2 different ways to do it with both proven to work. But just because you don't like soils that have food doesn't mean someone suggesting them is wrong. He now sees 2 different ways of doing it, and its up to him to decide what he likes and whats best for him, not what you or I like.

13. I like both of them and I have also heard about happy frog, but how do I put the coco in the soil? Just mix well? And as far as nutes the cyco platinum... How do I utilize that to its maximum potential, I want big buds, and easy way to grow, keep in mind that I am brand new to this...

14. [quote name='"LilJ86"']i used advanced sunshine #4 soiless with coco. for nutes i rock the cyco platinum series.
    Search for something that most resembles what youd like to do then ask a ton of questions to that grower.[/quote]

LilJ86 I would love to know how to use the sunshine #4 with coco and the cyco platinum series! I feel like I would want more control over the grow like you said..

15. Sunshine comes preblend in bails. vermiculite, perlite, coco, Mycorrhiza. Now cyco is pricey, im not going to lie, but one kit will contain everything youll need nute wise for a few grows. and everything is individual. and have an easy to follow nute regimin. start which ever nute line you choose at 1/4 strength and work your way up.

16. [quote name='"LilJ86"']Sunshine comes preblend in bails. vermiculite, perlite, coco, Mycorrhiza. Now cyco is pricey, im not going to lie, but one kit will contain everything youll need nute wise for a few grows. and everything is individual. and have an easy to follow nute regimin. start which ever nute line you choose at 1/4 strength and work your way up.[/quote]

How much is all that funna cost me? And if I was to use the happy frog what would I need to use?

17. I am somewhat of a budget, keep in mind I'm gunna have about 5 plants

18. [quote name='"Purp N Dro"']I am somewhat of a budget, keep in mind I'm gunna have about 5 plants[/quote]

In how big I pots? The bigger the pots the more soil you'll use. The little bail of sunshine for $20 will fill 3, 5 gallon containers. The big bale will do 9, 5 gallon containers. Off amazon cyco is like $190. I paid $230 at my hydro shop.

19. All I use with my happy frog is botanicare. I use the grow, bloom, then ripe. I use the liquid karma all the way though, with liquid bloom and molasses at flower. Its the grow, bloom and ripe that are a bit costly. All adds up to around 120 dollars for decent sized jugs. The bloom you can get the little bottle of it and be just fine as you'll hardly use it. You could also use with fox farms tiger bloom and such instead. I believe they are a little bit more costly, but not much. I have no experience with those

20. Both of those ideas sound good, and wow cyco is expensive!!! Do you think my local farmer shop will have all this or would I need to go to a hydro shop? How do I mix in the nutes with the soil?? Just add with water?