Please diagnose these leaf problems.. repotted and not going away.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BluntMasterBen, Nov 27, 2013.

1. I am worried that this is a fungus that will spread to my flowering plants. Please, anyone know what is going on with these? They are being fed just water.

http://imgur.com/2DhZsLd,BhLBqDV#1

Attached Files:

2. Once a leaf is fucked up it does not heal, the new growth is what matters.

3. Should i remove that bullshit?

Can you tell whats wrong?

4. What nutrients did u use might b to much phosphate. Happened to some of mine after using to much bone meal on young plant. Don't worry bout it if new growth healthy

5. No nutes except the ones they used at the dispensary. Could have been burned from there. Hopefully all the new growth stays ok.. do i remove this?

6. This happened to leaves after applying bone meal mixed in water.. 1rst pic. 2nd pic flushed and no more nutrients. Is doing great

Attached Files:

7. No just leave it won't hurt

8. I have a few plants with a lot more fugly than that but mine have big buds and are probably getting chopped in about 3 weeks.

yea just concentrate on the new growth and if you pull a fugly leaf now and then its cool.

9. Last spring I had to leave mo old plants w by for two wk while I went to mexico came back and they looked so fkn bad had them drowning in water who kno wtf he did but they were close to dead. I took a month but I pulled em back and ended up
    With the fastest stickiest buds around

10. looks like calcium def...or its locked out from ph

11. #11 jakesterjammin, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    Hey Tin, not sure if you know or not, but it's funny because I just went over this with a buddy on here......

OK, when diagnosing a nutrient disorder you first must know is what you're dealing with a "mobile" or "immobile" element, and that usually is your start to guessing which element is causing the issue, and are we dealing with to much or not enough....

So what are "mobile" or "immobile" elements????
    Just how it sounds, mobile elements are moved within the plant, where immobile elements need to hitch a ride on a mobile element... 

[​IMG]

Rule of Thumb: "Immobile elements effect the plant as a whole" and "Mobile elements effect the lower parts of the plant (usually older lower leaves)..

Great example is Cal-Mag.....
    If you read the bottle (any bottle) of Cal-Mag you will see the magnesium is derived from a nitrate (mobile)....
    Ever wonder why they always pair calcium with magnesium  :confused_2:

The plant can use every bit of calcium you can ram into the plant, then soilless, and soils usually have a problem retaining calcium, but now magnesium you can over do, so not like you can keep the Cal-Mag throttle to the floor.....

So how does this help us???
    First we look at the plant and see if the problem is starting all over or is it just the lower part showing signs....
    Now we know what elements could be the problem because if it's a mobile element, and not a magnesium problem, you know that your base nutrients are the root of the issue...  Then if it's an immobile issue then you know it's a secondary or micro nutrient issue....  That also helps you with how that immobile element is going to be supplied, meaning like with say with magnesium, we can get that from a sulfate or a nitrate, and then it does matter too......  lol

Sorry for the ramble......
    Just passing along some learning to the pups....  :metal:

:hide:

12. #12 jakesterjammin, Nov 27, 2013
    Oh and I was not directing that @ you Tin, just for the readers of the thread...  :bongin:

Cannabis leaf diagnosis chart
    user141080_pic834101_1328773618.jpg

13. Hey, thanks! This will be very useful in the future. This is my first time growing, and these clones are the second set of plants I'm starting. The others are just a month or so from being chopped and haven't had a single problem yet =]

14. Yeah, from what I've seen of the 2 images, it looks to be starting on the lower part of the plant, in the older leaves...
    So that really points right to a mobile element problem in the plant, and if you look at the chart (which is basic @ best), it's kind of clear we're dealing with a magnesium deficiency....

Cal-Mag or I'd suggest Epsom Salt (1 teaspoon per gallon) if you can't increase your nitrate levels anymore...
    I'd also suggest removing the badly damaged leaves....

Best of luck  :metal:

15. #15 BluntMasterBen, Nov 27, 2013
    Thank you so much!

Do you think there is any chance of this being the tobacco mosaic virus? So afraid of infecting my flowering plants.

Heres a few more pictures. The curled leaf is near the top of the plant, I can't believe how much better my plants from bagseed grew than these clones.

Attached Files:

good info...I knew cal was immobile but didnt know it doesnt show on lower leaves..I just figured rust spots were cal since thats what lots of different threads have shown and i always just gave calmag to fix..good to know its mag not cal

17. I guess it's always possible, but highly improbable...
    99.99999% it's a Cal or Mag problem and we can tell which by where it starts on the plant....

You have a Magnesium deficiency in my opinion....
    But the burned leaf edges also tell me most likely you're are hot on your nitrates and why I said you can use Epsom Salt which is magnesium derived from a sulfate as opposed to a nitrate, which looks like you do not want to increase, and then cause another problem trying to fix the first issue....

That's why we first need to know if the problem is with a mobile or immobile element.....
    Remember that to much is just as bad (if not worse) than not enough because to much will lockout the element, and then of course make it look like a lack of....

Like I stated above....
    Let's say it was a calcium problem, but the soil is already to hot, so suggesting a Cal-Mag will only cause more problems, because you're increasing the nitrate levels by adding the Cal-Mag....

So the problem continues or gets worse, when you was correct in the diagnosis of the issue, but your fix caused another issue which makes you think what you suggested did not work, just made it worse..  When in fact you was right but again the other issue which was caused masked your fix.....

In the case where calcium is the problem but you're also seeing burn because of high nitrate levels, we do not want to add more nitrates, so we use a straight calcium product like say "Demeter's Destiny" and then use a magnesium derived from a sulfate for the calcium to hitch a ride....

Also remember that the plant is ALWAYS wanting to feed the "new growth" to grow....

So when it cannot move an element, the new growth suffers, and the whole plant shows signs of the problem, and than on the other hand, if it's a mobile element which is lacking, the plants' goal is to feed the new growth, so it robs feeding the lower part of the plant to feed the new shoots, so the problem starts on the bottom older parts of the plant.....

If that makes sense to you, cause I wrote it, and I'm not sure it makes sense....  lmfao  :laughing:

:metal: