PLaying guitar high

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by MackNW, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Is this not the most amazing thing? I love playing guitar high. You get right into everything you play, more emotion, more feel. I come up with new and interesting things.

Whats your experiences with playing guitar high?

2. The first 30 minutes of a good Sativa high makes my guitar playing seem incredible. Smooth transitions, no botched notes. I don't know that it actually helps, but it sure sounds better to me.

-C

3. I agree but don't make a habit of it if you play with a band...it affects your timing and it's hard to notice...however yes, it's fun as hell

4. One of life's true pleasures.

5. ^ this is true...guitar is the one thing that you get faster at when your high, haha. at least thats what happens to me

6. i find when i get high and play guitar i'll spend a lot of time playing something i think sounds amazing, record it, go back and listen to it when i'm sober and it sounds terrible

7. I play dums high and it's pretty fun. More complex beats and shit. I love it

8. Sound like fun but I'm more in to messin with the keyboards and see if a good beat comes

9. got a new ibanez bass this week and a nice 250 watts amp. gonna get ripped and chill with it sometime soon. I switched from guitar to bass cause i feel limited by chords when it comes to guitar. It'll be intresting to see how I can get a full sound off a bass. I played bass all last year tho and it goes great with some drumming. anyone have any good ideas on how to jam up a bass when playing solo? im not into fancy slap bass or anything like that tho, I just love making good melody and messing around

10. chilling outside in nice warm weather while smoking a spliff and playing some acoustic is probably one of the best experiences I have had while at school.

11. Def chillin on the porch with a jay and my guitar or I have a small underground band and we play outside which is definitely my favorite place to be.

12. i love playing guitar while high. I just put on a backing track and just jam.:smoking::smoking:

13. I hear ya man guitar blazed is awesome. I get so into it everytime i play after hitting the bong. Plus I recently got a BOSS ME-20 effects pedal and that shit is just endless fun.

14. just get a cheap drum machine and play along with it

15. awsome idea. I'm gonna do that. lol

16. I feel the exact same, nothing like jammin high

17. I love to play high, but I only play at home anyway. I play accoustic , a lot of old Country Blues, fingerpicking and slide. Nothin' like a warm day and some good weed to bring together.

18. It varies for me. Sometimes I'll play for the entire duration of the high and come up with insane shit that I take to my friends and we jam off of them, but other times I pick up the guitar and nothing comes out right.

19. playing drums high is amazing, weed naturally loosens my body and muscles, so i can tell i play more relaxed and come up with more complex rythyms. I recently bought a decent electric set to play when i'm stoned late night as to not awake the bitchy neighrbors. Oh boy, do i love that baby

20. Yo I've got this theory.
    In psyc we learned about this theory called Social Facilitation. It means that people who perform a task that they know well and have done heaps, which in the presence of others, will do that task even better. And conversely people who perform a task that they don't know well, while in the presence of others, will do worse at that task. (a task is anything, like juggling, playing guitar, making tea blah blah)..

So I reckon the same might be for getting blazed? You play better guitar when you're blazed if you're real familiar with the guitar and have played it for ages... And you play worse guitar when you're blazed if you haven't played for ages and aren't completely familiar with the guitar... I mean like being able to do scales and stuff.