Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Plastic bottle + glass bowl and downstem safe?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Burrito Wizard, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Alright so I know this question is going to sound quite Billy-ish but hear me out. I've never owned a bong and while I could just order one they're a bit pricey (especially in comparison to my idea) and it's fun to build something of your own.

With that out of the way, in your opinion if I took a plastic bottle and put a glass downstem and glass bowl into it would that be harmful to use? I could make this for about 5 dollars compared to at least 50 for a decent glass bong and if I can safe 10x the money why not? (unless of course it's dangerous to do)

2. The main concern is not heating the plastic up to a melt point.
    As long as your design observes this caution, you should be fine.
    (Yeah, I had to look twice at who authored this thread, LOL).

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  3. u can get a better bong for 10-20$ online.
    but if you do go this route then yes its just as safe as any plastic bottle bong.
    plastic bottle's not gonna hurt u more than the smoke itself.

"fuckin way she goes" hell yeh TPB, rip lahey

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alright thanks blades. That's basically what I was thinking. The downstem would go straight into the water with no contact to the plastic and I'd probably even throw in icecubes for extra cooling. For a temporary thing it could be fun I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. i wrap a small piece of wet paper towel around the metal and plastic stem to avoid melting too easily.

7. Makeshift devices give you +12 MacGuyver creativity points and makes up for plastic companies selling us garbage. Recycle, re-use and reduce!
    :pimp:

• Creative Creative x 1