plasma donation?

Discussion in 'General' started by yeah dude., Feb 24, 2009.

1. has anyone ever done this? there is this place near me that will give me 30 bucks everytime that i go. how long does this process take and does it hurt bc i am seriously considering this haha

2. ive done it, it takes awhile at first, they kinda interview you and ask you questions. Likewise when they are taking the blood they use a slower flow rate on your first time (2-3 hrs your first time)

It doesnt really hurt, theyll stick your arm start pumping blood out, centrifuge it then run the blood back into you. That cycle will repeat a few times and that really the only point you notice the pain (theres a slight pain when they draw the blood but you get used to it, then when they pump blood back into you theres a definate feeling of release, then when they start drawing blood again you notice that same dull pain again)

the 1 I went to had a few TVs set up and gave you a lil stress ball, Id recommend an ipod too so the time passed quick enough

if you want a lil extra cash and have the time, might as well do it.

3. thanks for the help man i think im gonna give it a shot do you know how often you can do it