Plants too big for tent?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Garden420, Aug 19, 2021.

1. I'm growing 2 Grandaddy purple and 2 C-99 in a 2x2 x 4ft tall grow tent. I'm wondering if my plant will be too big for this tent? Right now they are about 16 inches tall and about 16 inches away from the light. They're growing in 1 gallon pots. I'm still in veg. I'll be switching to flower in about 2 weeks. I know once I switch them over They're going to stretch. They'll be in those one gallon pots for another 2 months during flower stage. So should I use bigger pots to prevent root bound? Also should I use bigger tent to prevent them from growing too close to the light or should I just scrog?

Attached Files:

2. i dont let mine get over 16 in my tent,i use 3 gal max and plenty of training,im in a 2x4x5 tent and let me say if you dont get to at the least pinching them plants you gonna have problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It's OK with that being said should I upsize my tent I think I should probably definitely go ahead and upsize my pots just want to know your thoughts

4. A 2'x2'x4' tent is good for 1 small plant or to get seedlings or clones started. .

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]
    Garden420

1m
    I think that the foliage In the growspace is too thick right now. I’m debating whether I should go ahead and get another tent or just get rid of 2 of the plants. If I get another tent I’m thinking that I’ll have to upsize upsize my fans from 4" to 6" and possibly another light.

6. Just flip them all to flower now. You can always top everything mid flower.

7. Yeah I'm gonna wait until I transplant so it'll be about another week

8. Supercropping is another effective method as well. You simply apply pressure with index finger and thumb to stalk and press firmly. It should bend but not break. Setting up a trellis before hand would support the bending branches. This method in ways helps a lot exposing more buds to light making them larger.