Plants starting to wilt!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by phper, Jun 26, 2008.

1. I have 2 female clones about 1 month in, and all the leaves are wilting, i water them at night and in the morning (depending on dryness of soil.) and bring them in during hard rains and storms... I also give them all days worth of sunlight and heat lamps at night...

why is this happeneing?

2. Wilting usually happens when you water too much. Try just watering about every 2 or 3 days and see how that works. The general rule is if the soil is wet 1 inch down, don't water.

I'd definitely say over watering though. Good luck.

3. That's what I figured... I touched the soil today it was hardley damp, so I'm not going to water them until tonight.

4. Heat lamps? Your not supposed to use those.
    You need to list all the information about your setup to get an accurate response.

5. The setup is 3 seedlings and 2 clones (perfect females.) they are in solo red cups (clones are almost ready for transplant, seedlings still have a month or so left.) and they are fed at night and in the morning (usually both if not much rain, usually once if there is a storm.

Holes were put in the bottom of the cups (the seedling and clones are about 100 feet from each other as to no pollinate.)

sometimes if the sun was not out at all for a few days we would put the clones under the heat lamp over-night (not a heat lamp, a florescent grow lamp made for this stuff.) I'm thinking I gave it too much water or too much light.

6. I thought we said not to water so much? Twice a day is totally overkill buddy. And you don't have to worry about your clones gettin pollinated until they start to flower which shouldn't be for a quite a while from what it sounds like...

If its a florescent don't call it a heat lamp, completely different. What kind of florescent though because if it's a "Gro-lux" or something of the sort. Then its probably not as good as just having a Cool or Warm florescent.

Also too much light is never a problem. There is no diminishing period of light on a vegging plant you can give it 24 hours of full light.

7. Sounds like you you are drowning them guy. Easy mistake and hard to fix. Get ready to start some more seeds. Relax this plant grows pretty good. It's not as hard as people make it sound. Some just use potting soil, water, and tomato plant food. That will work if it's all you got believe me. Good luck.